Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
As per my vet Denver who is around 100 lbs
can have 3 (25mg) per day. I have never given him more than 2
because 2 has solved his problems...........
Check with your vet as to the dosage as the weight of dog makes a
big difference. When he has had 2 it has not affected his level of
energy at all................

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Our vet said 1-2 tablets 2 times a day (our doodles are 48 and 58 lbs). I haven't really seen them get a ton more tired though. I have noticed that giving Kirby just 1 tablet a day helps a lot with some of his symptoms (he will get a runny eye sometimes). I really think he has environmental allergies because his odd symptoms have just started the past few months.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Since the doseage depends on the strength of the pill or liquid and the size of your dog, I'd say to contact your vet, give them the info from your Benedryl and ask them to tell you...they have an enecylopedia with all of that and can look it up quickly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Our vet told us to give our lab 25mg tablet as needed. Not to exceed recommended dose on the box. And that one tablet completely knocked my 105 lb lab. But of course like people it will affect every dog differently.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Just use this with caution, start with a much smaller dose than necessary to see how your dog reacts.
When I had a cold once I took the recommended dose of Benedryl and it knocked me out for 4 days! I, literally, could not even walk to my bed!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Heather ...Max and Peanut were just put on Benedryl

dosage from vet ....i have it written down

ok for a dog like Peanut who's 56lb ....... she gets 2 25mg tablest
aka 50 mg

Max is 73 lbs right now ......dosage 2 25mg tabs unless itching is so severe then give one more 25mg

give 2 -25 mg about 12 hours apart
unless in our situation if severe itching or say severe bee stings then every 8 hours for 1st 2 days tapering off to 2 tabs 2x a day 10-12hours apart

USUAL dosage is 1mg per pound but with much larger dogs they cut that dosage back

if you have powder capsules then open up and divide
or cut tabs in half if needed for proper dosage

Max and peanut's allergies have greatly alleviated for 1st time today
as after 24hours of benedryl in right dosage is working
NO more prednisone!!! yesssssssssssss

1 - 11 of 11 Posts