Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!!!

We picked Belle up yesterday and are so excited. She is more perfect than we had even hoped! She is definitely housebroken and has taken to her new yard fine! She hasn't even touched one of the kid's toys/crayons/ or anything of theirs!! She knows the tennis balls and rawhide are hers and she goes right to them when she wants to chew. She is perfectly crate trained and didn't make one peep all night (9pm till 6am)! She is absolutely adorable and so full of love. She justs wants to please and she is so tolerable of the kids and there 'demands' and 'attention'. She doesn't shed and she has a very soft bark (only heard it once). We ordered pizza last night and sat to eat with the kids, and she removed herself from the kitchen and sat on the border of the kitchen and family room-never begged or was remotely interested in the food we were eating. We can't believe how wonderful she is. I hope she stays this good. Joe is going to put in the underground fence today and that will be great. I know she'll take to it right away! Thanks everyone for all your help/support/suggestions/ and ideas. Although a rehome ,medium doodle wasn't our initial plan, it ended up being the perfect fit! I will learn how to post pictures and get them up this week. Thanks everyone!

Kim

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi Kim! That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you guys! I remember when we had talked about you getting a puppy- but I'm so glad that Belle worked out for you guys! I love puppies, but they are so much work! You are giving a great dog a wonderful home, and you don't have to go through as much work! Not that having a dog isn't a lot of work, but you know what I mean! It's great that she is fitting into your family so well! What wonderful news! Okay... but I think the 24 hour rule applies here... you have to post pictures within the first 24 hours! I want to see her! LOL!

Bridget, Summer, and Duke

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HI everyone!

Thanks for all your well wishes! I would have wrote earlier, but my husband was installing the electric fence yesterday, and cut the cable tv wire. SOOOO.... our internet went out as well :oops: Fortunately, it was the cable line to the house and not the main cable!! We had the wires sprayed prior to digging and they said the cable was buried 8 inches down. Well (on defense for my husband!) the cable was only buried 3 inches- which was how far the cable layer machine dug the trench for the dog fence!! Insight cable came out last night and put a temporary connection in and we now have tv and internet again :D . The fence works and we will start training Belle today! She still has been great! Happy Easter to everyone!! I'll try to get pictures of Belle uploaded tonight !

Kim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts