Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Bella has kennel cough (again) after her stay in day care while we were away. The vet said it is unavoidable and not to blame the kennel, even though this is the second time it has occurred. Since I really like where I board her, am a little relieved he said that.
She also has an ear infection, poor baby!
But she lost 9 pounds since last vet visit! No more chubby Bella!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Get well soon Bella!
Has she had her kennel cough vaccine? Just wondered, because anytime I have taken my dogs to be boarded it has been required.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Nancy, Mary and Michelle!
I think the vitamins are a great idea.
I am slightly suspicious that the kennel fed her THEIR food instead of the Canidae I sent. I did not get any food back and her teeth were coated in a yellow film (never had that before and I am not super great about brushing them daily). I did not say anything to the vet about the possible food mix up and when he checked her ears he said it looked more like an allergy presentation. I was thinking the same thing. I am going to be ADAMANT about her food and will check up on her daily when she goes back. She has NEVER had an ear problem in 2 years.
Michelle, she did have her kennel cough vaccine, but not every strain is covered by the vaccine. The kennel wants the vaccine done every 6 months even though the vet seems to think annual is enough. So she has had 2 already....along with 2 kennel cough infections :roll:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Get well soon Bella!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i sure Bella recovers quickly

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Ummm,EWWWW,,("her teeth were coated in a yellow film")
and may i add NOT GOOD!!!

That is tottally irresponsible of them and just plain LAZY
i know i used to manage a boarding kennel
you need to talk to the owner immediatly and i would send her the Vet bill

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I hope Bella gets well soon. And have you got her the shot? Or did she still get it even after. I don't know why but we got Cacao the shot just in case. And I don't know much about the shot other then the vet said she needed it if I would take her to a groomer. And I do.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I noticed some asking about the kennel cough vaccine

kennel cough is like the cold in humans, there are so many strains its impossible for them to cover them all

my vet wont even give it he said it was like giving water

of course if boarding its a requirement,
why im not real sure, dont think they know either

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awwh...poor Bella - I hope she feels better soon!

I would personally be livid if they fed their own food to our doodles. So why would new food make her teeth coated yellow...just curious. f

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know if food would give her teeth a film, but her teeth have never looked like that! The kids noticed it right away. Unless they were limiting her water? She drank soooo much when she got home! I just found two small scablike areas on her legs. More of an allergic reaction? DH picked her up from the kennel or I would have been asking where her bag of food was.
I just had a weird feeling when I hugged her, her breath smelled different (not bad, just different). And then not to get the remainder of food returned. And then to have an ear infection that looks like an allergy. I don't know anything for sure, so I would hate to accuse them of mixing up food. But I will be more proactive next visit. With all the recalls, it could be a very serious problem.
And the food they use if you don't bring your own is Hill's Science Diet. Corn is the second ingredient. :roll:

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
I would tell them Bella must only eat her food and nothing else. The place that I take Maya knows this so they will go get her food before they feed her anything else. (Actually they sell the brand Maya is on at the daycare so it works)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
How's poor Bella doing this morning??? Feeling better I hope!

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! Bella is doing better. She still sounds like a sorry seal when she gets excited, but she seems to see the connection and is laying low, most of the time! :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts