Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are back from vacation and Bella is soooo happy to be home! The 'Pet Hotel' had an outbreak of kennel cough so I am watching her closely. She is sneezing and kind of snuffling occasionally, but otherwise is acting OK. She did a cough/sneeze/strangle sound once this am. She is immunized for it, but I just read there are 100's of different strains, so she could still get it and it is 'highly contagious' thru the air. I will be calling the vet in the am.
She has lot's of little mats around her collar area and behind her ears. Maybe from playing with the other dogs...and they took off her regular collar and put on one of their own...maybe from that? When I picked her up, she was very damp. I had asked for an 'exit bath'...guess that does not include drying :roll:
She actually jumped into the van on her own (usually I have to lift her)...guess she was happy to be going home. :lol:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Ah, great to hear. I was curious as to how she'd do. Fingers crossed she didn't pick up a little bug....

Welcome home Bella!! Good girl!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
PS - I just realized that *you* were the other person besides Leslie who was from NJ. I was scratching my brain to remember who it was. What part of Jersey are you from? We're in Summit - Union County.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lynn! We're in Morris County. We went to the South Jersey shore for vacation. It was so much fun! I LOVE our beaches!!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
so nice to hear you had a good vacation LINDA!!! glad to have you back.
missed ya!! and keep us updated on Bella and how she's doing :D

and yes max will get weighed this week :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Annmarie!

Bella just did this new thing...usually she comes to tell me she wants to go out and she just comes in to the room and looks at me until I notice her and let her out...well this time, she comes in and gives this real low, short growl...she has never done that before, it was soooo cute, she was talking to me! maybe her 'hotel friends' in day care taught her :lol:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Welcome home Bella! Scarey about the kennel cough. Sure hope she's okay.

It is one of the cutest things Dexter does when he "talks" to go out. If it's #1, he just prances or maybe lets out a little whine if it's urgent. But #2 gets all kinds of growly sounds. We call him baby walrus when he does it, cause it doesn't quite sound "doggy". Of course we can't help but egg it on by asking what he wants so he has to repeat himself.

I told Kevin he'd hate it if he had to get someone's attention to let him poop, but he still tortures the poor dog.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Linda, glad you had a good vacation. I'm sure Bella is glad you're home....as are we all! I forgot you were on vacation and was started to worry about you! Can't loose my sparing/stalker buddy!! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max just started the same thing ....whines like heck and paces if he has to pee. If it's #2 he'll stare at us and if we don't get the HINT , Max lets out a short lLOUD bark that says" I gotta go NOW!" hhhahahahaa and yes we ask Max " you have to go out"" poor thing repeats himself and we take him out immediately.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
awww, Gene, thanks for missing me! I missed y'all too!
We rented a huge house at the beach and my teens each brought some guests...I was calling it 'summer camp' :lol: I had eight teenagers and my 6 year old (who missed Bella so much!) We had a ball!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Which beach? My cousins and I used to get a house right on the beach in Point Pleasant for a couple of summers.

Morris county is right next door!! - wanna have a playdate??????????

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Welcome back! And welcome Home Bella!!
That must be really confusing for the poor dogs...I would imagine that they are so thrilled to see mama again!
Looks like you will be enjoying plenty of Bella cuddles for some time now!

·
Registered
985 Posts
gene said:
Linda, glad you had a good vacation. ... Can't loose my sparing/stalker buddy!!
Had to get you on this one, Gene! "Loose?" "Sparing?" :wink: :wink:

Sorry - I edit for all sorts of people because typos jump out at me like blinking neon lights, which isn't to say I don't indulge occasionally myself, 'specially when typing fast.

Linda, yes, which Jersey shore? You may have been right near us. We're a half hour from Sea Isle, which is our closest beach. Come to think of it, we haven't been there yet this summer, but it's hard with a new puppy that you can't take and can't leave crated for more than three or four hours. So instead we go to the nearby lake where Chouette's very welcome.

What kind of kennel did you leave Bella in? We may have to do that when we go to France this fall but I hate the idea of sticking a puppy in a kennel. I have a couple of friends who might take her, too. When we went last year we left our Dane with our son, but she was an adult and could be left in the house or backyard all day with no problems.

Leslie

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Leslie....you'll make Annmarie so happy! It's funny, I'm a horrible speller, but others typos jump off the screen at me and tickle my sick sense of humor.... :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LESLIE...don't you know Gene does the copy/paste of all our replies and puts them in Microsoft WORD , next he runs the spellchecker.
GENE then goes "AHA!!! another fatal spelling error i can attack" and he then returns to this forum to ever so sweetly point out my blonde mistakes hahahhahhahaaaaaa and if others are so lucky as me,their mistakes too like SUE"S and Kathy's!!!!

GENE you are to be admired honey!!! what would i do without you watching out for me?? :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Glad Bella is home and happpy and that you had a wonderful vacation.

I also hope she doesn't get the kennel cough. I know they had a terrible outbreak of kennel cough this past winter, one that the Bordatello (yes it is probably spelled wrong)didn't prevent. :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, gosh, if I take the time to spell check and correct my posts, I'd NEVER get off of this machine...I figure that you all know what I mean...my biggies are apostrophes (cant', wont', didnt') my little finger is just too slow!
But, I see it and move on. There is another one I do a lot that makes me laugh...it totally changes the meaning by typing the wrong letter and I NEVER catch it, but my fingers just always do the same thing.
So, Gene, keep laughing...that's one of the reasons you are a favorite here!

Kennel cough is very contageous, we got two new pups and they both got sick with it. The good news is that GENERALLY they aren't really sick with it, just have a bad cough. They continue to play, eat, etc. The bad news is that NO ONE wants to expose their dogs and you can get it on your clothes and transfer the virus. It is so contageous. Our little female is still coughing, after a month. She only coughs at night, but her little throat is obviously raw still. Best wishes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts