Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vet appointment today at 4pm. Bella has been crying off and on while at rest. She is eating OK, walking ok, running and playing like a puppy when outside, her ears smell fine. Her stools are ok, she did pass a piece of a pair of pantyhose on Friday. (I took the pantyhose from her and did not realize she had eaten a piece.) Also, she yelped when I tried to move her back leg for brushing yesterday.
I am so worried....
Quick questions:
What will the vet do to diagnose the problem?
Could she be having hip dysplasia issues at 6 months of age?
Could she be teething? (looks like all teeth are in.)
Thanks all. I will post after her visit...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Linda I'm so sorry to hear that Bella is in some sort of pain. Let's hope it's not hip dysplacia, 6 mos is not too young to show symptoms. But it could be a ton of other reasons why she is in pain. Your vet will probably start with x-rays since it seems to be painful in the back end/hip/leg area. Since she is running and playing with no visual signs of pain let's just hope she is dreaming when she is sleeping and it is nothing more than that.

Please post after your vet appointment and let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, Linda, I am sorry for you and little Bella...please keep us posted about what the vet says.
It is just really hard to say what this might mean...it could be so many things...but your vet will probably do a complete check up and include x-rays. Please do tell your vet about the nylon...sometimes threads can be harmful if swallowed by puppies...but if her leg is in pain, it could be something related there too...just so many possibilities.
We'll keep you in our thoughts, please let us know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The vet seems to be the 'wait and see' type. He walked her all around and up and down steps a few times. He checked her over thoroughly, no x-ray though. Since she is eating ok and her stool has been fine, he does not think the pantyhose were an issue. He says whatever the problem is, "it is not life threatening, so let's just watch her closely for the next few days."
I really think she has hip issues and I so do not want to have my suspicions confirmed. That said, I am going to set up her spay appointment for next Monday. The vet will do a hip x-ray at the same time for me. The vet says that for breeding purposes, the hip x-ray is not done until 18 months because the dysplasia can sometimes occur after 6 months of age. But typically, if the dysplasia is there, it will be there at 6 months. Thanks Jac and dixiedi for your responses and support and keep us in your prayers.
Ps: She tripped coming up the 4 stairs when we got home and would not move. I had to carry her in. Heartbreaking. Of course, she then played like a happy puppy when she got inside. I know she has a huge tolerance for pain, so maybe this is part of the issue?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
you poor thing, my thoughts and prayers are with you. my best advice is to trust your instincts. Mommys usually know best. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Oh Linda, I so hope that it isn't a hip issue. I'm glad your vet is going to do an x-ray when you take her in to get spayed. I will say a prayer for you and Bella and PLEASE be sure to post what you find out Monday.

Take care :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts