Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm thinking we didn't win, but I did get an email saying ALL contestants will be pictured in the October issue of the magazine and they want another photo of Bella that has to be high resolution (300 dpi at 4 x 4 inches or larger). What does that mean and how do I do that? :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
And which photo do you like best for Bella's magazine debut? :lol:
(On the web page they cropped and zoomed onto the dogs faces.)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Yep, she has won my heart...and I agree with the others about the picture in the right bottom corner...although I also like the action shot!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i ams staying with my first choice the other day: the winking one

·
Registered
12 Posts
Me too, I love the one with her tongue out.

For the 'high resolution' stuff, maybe this will help. They want a print quality photo, so the print will be a pretty as the pup. If you are using a digital camera, you need to make sure its on the highest quality setting, that will create a picture of high enough resoulution to print (depending on the camera). You can check the dpi in an application like Photoshop. If the picture is real big when you open it to look at it, and the file size is 1-2 MB, then its probably what they need.

If I am confusing the issue, you can send me any picture and I can prep it for print (I manage a Graphic Arts dept for a printing company!) Let me know if I can help. -Bryan

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Bryan sooo much! What a sweet offer! I sent the 'wink' photo in last night. I attached it as a file so it stays big for them and told them to let me know if it isn't good enough.
And thanks to everyone for ALL their help and voting!
Unfortunately she did not win, but I still love her :lol: I'll just have to include her in the next family portrait (but it won't be an oil painting :lol: )
Here are the winners:
http://newjerseylife.com/current-issue/ ... pageID=218

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
There's no way in my opinion Rocky is even close to as cute as Bella!! However, I'm so darn paritial to the doodles...Jessie (number 15) is soooo cute too!!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I'm sorry, but what is a "dog psychic reading"??? That's what the 2nd place prize is (plus some grooming products).

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I am laughing so hard at both what winners were picked and the prizes hahahhahaaaa

i think the #5 winner's face says it all!!!! what the? or rather IT WAS FIXED I TELL YA!!!

Bella is still a star and a winner in my eyes!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
hahaha, y'all are soooo sweet! I did not want to win the dog psychic reading, but if we did I was giving it to Annmarie :lol:
I was hoping that if Bella didn't win, the other doodle would! Or this little guy, I thought he was sooooo cute! But he doesn't really look like a dog!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LINDA thanks sooooooooo much ! hahaha

oh please go to the post :Weigh in Station we need your expertise charts again :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts