Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our puppy, Riley is 10 weeks old today. I was wondering if it was normal for a puppy to go through a period where they are rather disobedient? We love our dog but lately she just seems to be overly disobedient. She chews everything, wants to go wherever she wants to on the leash, cries when I put her in the crate at lunch, and she bites and nips at my wife's and my legs all the time. Are these normal puppy behaviors or should we be worried? We've never had a pet before and we want to be good doodle parents and we're afraid that we're screwing up. We're going to go to obedience school starting in two weeks, but I'd like to get her somewhat under control before then. Any advice would be highly appreciated!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi. We also have a 10 week old puppy. I notice that we slide back and then go forward and slide back again. You just have to keep being consistent. Our puppy is extremely nippy at anyone, especially my two children who the puppy thinks are playmates. A lot of times, he is getting tired or hungry. I really limit the time he is with family right now because of his biting. I just try to remember my kids when they were two! Then, it helps put things back into perscpective. Be patient and keep a short leash on the puppy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Luke is now over 5. He was just as you describe Riley. He was such a handful that first year. I think he was smarter than me - and he had to think over every command.

With the help of puppy class, a private trainer, and lots of reading - and time- he has become the most wonderful dog we have ever lived with.

My favorite puppy training books are by the Monks of Skete.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Luke is now over 5. He was just as you describe Riley. He was such a handful that first year. I think he was smarter than me - and he had to think over every command.

With the help of puppy class, a private trainer, and lots of reading - and time- he has become the most wonderful dog we have ever lived with.

·
Registered
6 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts