Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, Shannon, they are beautiful...and I think of my two Labradoodles, raised together (sisters) and how close they are...I pray that they find a home together. I am heartbroken by these things. :cry:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Well everyone Guess what! I'm the one who went and got them! They were my puppies we sold to a lady a year and 1/2 ago or so and we were immediately called when they were put into the shelter. No baby of ours is going to be in a shelter if I have anything to say about it! We are going to make sure they stay together and re-home them to an approved home. They are very loving, need a little grooming and TLC but doing great and are acting like it just all fun and games and in great spirits! Did wonderful on the long trip home and enjoying some cool air-conditioning right now and a snack! Anyone interested in giving these wonderful girls a home together can contact me. We are going to give them lots of love until a new family can be found.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just want to say a big thank you for getting your girls out of there. I also wanted to say that when you are ready, and the girls are ready; I would be more than happy to post a rehome message on the poomix site with the girls pictures. Not many people would come out and say what you did, and I am so happy that you did. I do the updates on the poomix site, and would be more than happy to list them for you. They are so very lucky to have a breeder like you.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Well I do feel when we find these things out we should be responsible for our puppies or dogs. They have been together since birth Jan 10, 2005 and I would like to keep them together they both need some grooming but otherwise seem fine, I wish the owner would have contacted me I'm so glad that the paperwork I provided was given to the shelter so they know to call me. I want to watch them and call the Vet they have been to when they have settled in a little I will contact you to post them. The shelter did give my info out to some people so maybe I can home them here locally. I'm not ashamed of coming forward to me it is only the right thing to do and when I seen your post I wanted you to know we have them but I do want to re-home them when the time is right and to the right family. Of course they will be current on everything and they are spayed. All I want is for them to find a good home. Thank You for caring so much.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not a problem Linda. I did not want to say anything on the DDF, so I just said they had been picked up together. I would be more than happy to help when the time is right. They are beautiful, and when I saw them, (sometimes certain ones pull at my heart), and yours did. They looked so sweet, and I just had to post them. Thanks for coming forward like you did.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Linda that is so great! (Well, not great that the owners put them there...but great that you were contacted!)
I am so happy that you brought them home for a chance to feel loved again...bless your heart. I know how I would feel, given these circumstances...you have done everything right, there is no way you can know what people will do...you can put it in the contract, but once they are gone from your home, they are at the mercy of the new owners...I am just so happy that they found you!
Give those two beautiful babies a huge hug from me, will you?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Thanks to everyone who cared about my two girls, they do need a little grooming going to work on that today I don't feel they were missed treated in any way they both are very happy and healthy looking maybe a tad over weight. One thing that does surprise me is this particular person had contacted me not long ago late last year and wanted another one. So I think her life must have made an about turn I don't want to get to critical that wouldn't be fair without knowing all the issues. I do wish she would have contacted me instead, but their safe so all is well. We have them together and their are happy as can be I'm going to evualate them the best I can to see if they have any issue they both seem very loving not sure they really know their names though, so I think it would be really easy for someone to rename them if they wanted. She had named them Ninety Four, and Fourteen maybe switch Fourteen to Fortune (sp?) any thoughts from anyone would help.

But thanks again for all the support and know that I do very much appreciate all of you. :D In cases like these it is important to have support of friends.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
We took some Pictures this morning just now getting them up you can view them on:

http://doodlepups.shutterfly.com/action/

Again they need to be groomed I wish I had one of those good brushes you all have talked about I've yet to buy one, I'll get by though.

You can see by the pictures they are very loving and friendly but I do think they need to stay together, so anyone interested let me know.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Update on Sisters

I have groomed them both they did very well, however I'm sure they don't have a clue what their names are. On a good note did not see any fleas or ticks which is good. Had to cut more hair off of one than the other because of mats. I need that darn brush you all have be talking about...

Tomorrow we will do a bath don't want to push them to much at once have had them out running in 4 foot fence neither tried to get out which is also good. They are really bonded together don't think I could separate them my heart couldn't do it. :cry:

I've heeled them on leash they don't pull but I don't think they really know what heel is they have clam disposistions. One likes my lap more than the other and likes to give kisses more also. :lol:

Anyway I will keep everyone posted on how they are doing.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Linda they are so gorgeous...and it does sound like they were cared for, thank goodness (although I must admit...strange to name them numbers.)

But look how they love you and how beautiful they are! I am sure that someone will want the two of them together...It would be heartbreaking for them to be apart.

I am glad that you are giving them such good attention and lots of love...they seem to enjoy being with you, all of those kisses and cuddles!

The are BEAUTIFUL!!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I just wanted to update everyone here on the sisters I did find them a great home they have been re-homed now for a little over 2 weeks and the family loves them so they did get to stay together which was what we wanted for them. They have 12 acres to run and play (and hopefully lose a few pounds) :lol: I will stay in contact with the family and only re-homed them on the conditions that if this doesn't work they come back to me NO SHELTERS!!! :cry:

·
Registered
228 Posts
That's terrific news Linda!! I'm glad you were able to rescue them and get them into a great new home together. It makes me happy to see just another example of how my Coal's breeder cares about her puppies FOR LIFE!! Thanks to you and all the great caring breeders out there!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
That is such wonderful news. What gorgeous dogs! It makes me cry to read about all these dogs that need new homes! I have to admit, my doodle has been my most difficult puppy. (I've raised an Old English Sheepdog, Boxer, Standard Poodle, Bichon Frise, toy poodle and now my doodle.)

·
Registered
670 Posts
What a great success story! I'm so happy you posted it. Those sisters look alot like my baby and I was hoping for the best. CONGRATS!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts