Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I went to church for a few hours. I haven't left Beau for that long before. (Maybe a hour or two.-normally get to the store and back type) Last night I was gone for four and a half hours.

My dh calls me asking if Beau has ever moped around and whines/wipers and keeps looking for something. ((I keep thinking WHAT i have never seen him do this, I got a bit worried at first then)) (((I THINK)))) I told him it could be that i am not home. And he is just looking around for me. And he said that must be it. I think he was a bit sad that Beau was missing me. But I think if he would think about it, it wouldn't feel so bad. I mean I am hope all day and I play with him and feed him everyday.

Beau was fine when I got home. VERY happy to see me.

But this morning DH ((before he left for work)) went up to Beau and told him he would play with him when he gets home from work. I think it hit him that Beau is attached to me. But Beau loves him so much. Beau loves to play fetch with him. ((I can't throw the ball as well as my dh, so he is more fun then me)).

Just had to share.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Awwww, it feels so nice to be loved. I think I'm Sadie's favorite person too but don't tell dh. If I'm gone for more than an hour she acts like she hasn't seen me in weeks!

G

·
Ah that is too cute! It's nice to know you are loved huh? I know I am Maya and Sadie's favorite person as I am their only person. It should be a big greeting tonight when I pick them up from daycare....they have been there since Mon.

Off topic story kinda.....the lady at the daycare said that she has to put Sadie next to Maya in their kennels or Sadie cries and cries. Once she is next to Maya she is quiet!!!

Okay back to Beau missing his Mom!!!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is so sweet that Maya and Sadie have to be next to each other. How cute. THey love each other.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ohhhhhhhhhh Sam, that is sooooooooooo sweet to hear.
DH is going to have to play lots of FETCH, give him belly rubs, and pet his head alot to win him back :wink:
Since YOU are the one home with him 24/7 and right now he's bonding to you to develop trust...he will however develop the same bond with your DH and kids, that's how GD's.

I was thinking alot of Beau last night and this morning, THANKS for making me day!!! :D

and yes Beau will whimper when You go to the bathroom and he can't come in hahhaa ( max and peanut do the same thing)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Charlie sits outside the bathroom door and scratches at it. I'm not sure its me or the toilet water he wants! He also pouts when I'm not home. If I'm home, he won't go on a walk with other family members. If I leave the room, he follows. The list goes on and on.

Yes, it is very nice to be loved! It's a little disconcerting at first to realize you're the entire focal point for a dog though.

It's wonderful to read how well Beau has adjusted. :D

Deb

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awwwh...how cute.

Kirby so obviously misses both of us when we are gone for extended periods of time (>3 hrs) he gives us both hugs when we get home. It's the only time we tolerate jumping up because he does it just to us and in such a cute loving way :)

I worked from home yesterday and around 3 pm both dogs went and sat staring at the garage door - they were obviously waiting for my husband to come home.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Sounds as if Beau really HAS found his forever home, Samantha! I know that must make Annmarie feel better to know he is so happy and attached to you!
Tyke has now taken to opening the bathroom door, and coming in for a "conversation" while I am in the tub! Then she lies down beside it until I'm done.I keep threatening to use her as a bathmat or towel! :wink: Any day now, I expect her to just jump in too!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Awwwwww, that's sickeningly cute. Maybe it's all an elaborate ploy to get more fetch time out of your DH. These dogs are SMART!

Dudley just needs to know where we both are at all times. He wanders back and forth between me in the office and my GF in the living room quite a bit. If I hop in the shower he starts to whine at the door if I take too long! I assume part of it is an abandonment anxiety. I think he'll cope better over time.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to atleast post a picture of Beau. He his so happy look at this:

Cacao's favorite sleeping place. NEXT TO HER MAN!

Ok sorry for the picture overload. But for some reason I got started and I just couldn't stop. :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Awwww Thanks for the pictures! As long as there is a doodle involved, there is no such thing as picture overload! TOO CUTE!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Is Beau still intact? my little guy was neutered early, and his man parts are very inferior to the ones Beau is sporting in one of those picks.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Is Beau still intact? my little guy was neutered early, and his man parts are very inferior to the ones Beau is sporting in one of those picks.

I wasnt going to ask but...LOL!

I love the pics with Beau and the boys. He seems sooo happy. So glad he has adjusted so well! :lol:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
YES, Beau is still intact for now. But we have to get that done soon.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
and he does have Big ONES :shock: 8) :lol:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Aw Samantha! Those are such darling pictures!!
But that one of him on his back is a sight I'll never see again in Bogart! :oops:
:(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts