Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI again ..........talk about rollercoasters hahahhahaaa

NOT sure if Beau will be going to Alaska as we need special permission for his size crate and other specs. along with some other little things.

For NOW Beau is home for a while longer. I am also waiting on his DNA results too which should be any day i hope.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm sorry things have been so up and down with this. It's quite an emotional roller coaster for you to ride. I hope things work out quickly.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, man! I am both sorry and happy...sorry for Liz, and for your emotional ups and downs, but happy too...in a weird sense...this is really a mixed bag for all of you, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Wow, I cannot believe all the stipulations and regulations involved with shipping Beau....is it because it is to Canada from the States, or is it the size of the crate and that's it. One snag after another......how frustrating!

Sorry to hear this....for both you and for Liz. Maybe there is another
alternative? Sorry I don't have a clue what that would be....
Hoping for a good solution to settle things soon.
8)

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Oh I am sorry. I know you have so much going on and this just adds one more. I hope all this gets solved soon for you and Liz.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HELLO EVERYONE....I just got off the phone with LIZ.
I don't think i've cried this hard in the past 2 weeks since i was a small kid. And now I feel bad for Liz and her little boy.

BEAU isn't going to fly to ALASKA , with all the glitches that happened and more, all I can say is that for some reason I felt good with LIZ getting Beau HOWEVER i could no longer ignore what I call red flags and/or a bad gut feeling with Flying Beau.

For now Beau is home with me and will be up for rehome just not today
HOWEVER LIZ is still looking for a doodle, Please if any breeders here have puppies available and ship PLEASE PM LIZ OR IF anyone knows of a rehome situation .
I also am emailing Shannon so she and Liz can explore that avenue as well.
Liz is open to both a young or older puppy.

NOW with BEAU
1. His DNA results are due within a week and I talked to Rick Dobbins and he's also going to look into the Rufus gene that we discussed too.

2. IF anyone is interested in BEAU he cannot be flown due to size of crate and/or only Northwest will fly him but at $$$$ price.
Beau's doing great: stopped countersurfing and tablesurfing :D
But him and Max can't decide who's the boss :cry:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Well, flying an older, larger dog is way different than a small puppy.
I am sorry this happened, but I do think things happen for a reason, even when there doesn't seem to be anything concrete as to why.

I believe you will find a home for Beau. I know that Max and he aren't getting along all the time....but maybe with some more time they will finally work it out....and if not, then I think that new family nearby will show up.
Liz,

My heart goes out to you and your son. I know this has been hard on you guys, too. But, I know that you will find a doodle that will be such a blessing to your home and family! I think you will find one soon!!

8)

·
Registered
523 Posts
AnnMarie,

Would you ever consider having Beau neutered? Maybe this would stop the nonsense going on with he and Max.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Annmarie how far are you willing to let Beau go? Would you have to drive him to his new home? I didn't know they wouldn't let him fly. I am sorry. This has been hard on you. Have you thought about getting him fixed?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Getting Beau neutered will be for the family that adopts him.

willing to drive? yes by all means and/or the other person drives to meet him.

we've gone over many avenues here sdrudge and we made this decision a while back.
If all else fails, i will consult again with 2 different vets in possibly placing Beau in this area.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, I know of someone who is breeding Australian labradoodles here in Alaska and she says she is a member of the IALAC. You can PM me for the name and I will try to PM Liz too.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks ...and hopefully Liz will be checking her pm's daily

1 - 18 of 18 Posts