Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to a great place to eat called Parrottdise on Summerland Key in the Florida Keys last Friday night. Our friends from Pittsbergh PA were vacationing here last week so we went down to hang with them and show them the wonderful habitat we love so much. We were seated near a door which led to the outside dining area. Not long after we were seated we had already made friends with the folks at the adjoining table because of Abby. They really thought she was so cute and well behaved. Then a group with 4 young kids were seated behind us. The kids started running in and out of the door disturbing both my wife and the folks at the table behind her. Finally after several minutes of this my wife asked the kids who were now accompanied by one of the adults to stop using that door because of the heat and bugs coming in and annoying both tables of diners. The woman went off on Abby being a dog. Abby had not moved she had been lying quietly at my feet. At this point I had enough of this nonsense so I went to the table and addressed the whole group explaining that Abby is in Service and was behaving appropriately which was more than I could say about their misbehaving children. I have to add that there were no sober adults at their table. They were all toasted and rude. As the diners around us finished their meals and rose to leave they each came to our table and told us our dog WAS BETTER BEHAVED THEN OFFENDING CHILDREN. The hostess also told us how nice Abby was and we were invited back any time :D I was so proud of our little 7 month old kid :D As it turned out Abby made a lot of friends on this trip including a Portugese Water dog named Mollie. We also stopped in at the Espresso Bar in Islamorada for lunch and a playdate with Bucko, Abby's boyfriend. Dave the owner is a great guy that allows the dogs to romp in the outside dining area off leash. If anyone plans on a Florida vacation get in touch with us for dog friendly info if you go to the Keys...mtd

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
What a good girl, ABBY!!! You are only 7 months and doing that well. That gives me hope. GREAT JOB ABBY!!!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention the Judge. We were at the Square Grouper another GREAT Keys eatery when we were approached by a familiar looking gentleman interested in Abby. He told us he's a Judge and had just been to lunch at Sardi's with Ono. Renee and I watch dog shows and she recognized him. We asked him if Doodles would ever be allowed to show and he said no. He did say how wonderful Abby is and he liked Doodles. I for one was quite pleased that an expert at Confirmation liked her look enough to approach us and comment. During our walk Friday night in Key West we stopped and saw the Catman's show. Abby loved watching the cats do the show while lying between my feet. We were stopped a dozen times by tourists wanting to know what kind of dog she is. I'm not used to such attention :oops: I did notice that she crosses cultural borders because we we stopped by accents from France,Spanish,British,DEEP SOUTH :lol: I was not expecting this kind of life altering experience--a pleasant surprise! :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Doodles simply are the best ...and how great to hear that ABBY was much better behaved than children who should have know better.

Keep up the great work MTD, Renee and ABBY......high 5!

G

·
Great job Abby!! It is a big pet peeve of mine when parents let their kids run amock in places where it could potentially bother others.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
LOL Gene, good thinking.
At least with the 4 legged variety if they act up you can put them in a crate and no one will think the worse of you for it. For some reason they frown on that with the 2-legged kind. :shock:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sounds like Abby did wonderful! What a good example.

Tink said:
LOL Gene, good thinking.
At least with the 4 legged variety if they act up you can put them in a crate and no one will think the worse of you for it. For some reason they frown on that with the 2-legged kind. :shock:
We have often wondered if our two legged toddlers would be potty trained by now if we could send them outside with Shadow! It took him a week and only 1 accident. It's been 3 months with our kids and we are still not completed done - and there have been many many accidents! :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts