Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm... seems interesting the past couple bathings have resulted in winding Bandit up and he goes tearing around the house at MACH 1.
This is somewhat entertaining, as he flies up/down the stairs and run laps around the core of the stairs through the kitchen/entry/family/dining rooms and is tolerable up until he starts growling and getting a bit aggressive. Getting him calmed enough through challenging him and able to get him out from under the pool table (den instinct?) is a struggle, but once in his crate he calms right down and goes to sleep.

Reminds me a lot of how Kyren used to be when he was 2/3 and fought sleep.

Question being... I assume this is natural behaviour and something he will be trained/grow out of and not to be worried about... correct?

The towels seem to get him started, and so in my infinite wisdom and puppy knowledge... :idea: :shock: :lol: :roll: thought that the blowdryer would be a good tool to get him dry in expedient fashion. He attacked it, like a prize fighter going at a speed bag, then a grade schooler playing tetherball. When those both failed, I think he thought it was a juicy steak and he could try to eat it. THAT worked out well... :roll: NOT!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Phantom is a year old and still gets bathtime zoomies.. LOL The towels are his favorite thing to grab and run with, and then he rolls all over the place like a mad man... Not sure why they get so crazy after a bath, but he still does. Star does not get that way. She just lays down and dries off. she is almost 3.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow - I'm a luck girl! I washed Cody about twice a week when we first got him. He's really easy to bathe. He doesn't love it but he's stands still and doesn't try to escape. I towel him off then blow dry him. No problem there either. I do start the dryer on low and nowhere near his head at first. I keep the nozzle below his head level so it doesn't scare him. He's very happy to be away from the bath when we're done but he acts normal. Cody is a very laid back dood - I would actually love to see a little more spunkiness out of him. Easy baths are a plus of his no-stress attitude.

·
Registered
44 Posts
bathtime

Our Dulcie absolutely adores bathtime - to the point of knowing that if someone has filled the tub for themselves, we have to watch out, as she'll jump in first! She is pretty well behaved for being dried, I keep the bathroom door shut until she is half dry and swaddle her like I did the kids on the bathroom floor. I also learnt not to get her head wet - apparantly they will only shake if they have got water on their heads - so leave ears, eyes, face etc till last and try and do with a quick spash and a clean damp face cloth.

If I think she might go a bit nuts, I put on her light house lead before opening the bathroom door and walk her calmy down to her bed where they'll be a clean blanket and treat.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.