Labradoodle Forums banner

Baths and grooming

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  my Boo 
#1 ·
We just dropped Dex off at the groomer's and Kirby will get his bath shortly. This is a new groomer and the poor girl probably wanted to throw me out...haha...I gave her very detailed instructions (including photos) :) She was very nice and I think she'll do a great job with Dex.

Now it's just off to give Kirby a bath...he is not a huge fan of baths (to put it mildly) so it's always an adventure :)

#2 ·
aww good luck!! hopefully everything will work out good with the new groomer!!

I hate trying new groomers, but we can never find one we like... they always do something wrong :( One time, we asked them to shave Riley shorter on the belly because he's my hunting dog... and they cut him all up... poor baby :(
I feel bad, but we live out in the country so he gets dirty super fast... especially in the summer when he goes swimming in our pond :roll:

Oh Well, Dogs will be Dogs I guess :lol:

Good Luck!

#4 ·
Does this scream "less than happy" to you?

Oh - I'm concerned...the groomer called...apparently Dex is very matted in sevaral areas. I tried my best to get them out, but we got laxed with his grooming post surgery. I begged her to not have his pink skin show through, but I think we will have a shaved doodle :(

#7 ·
ohhhh poor kirby hahhaaaaaaaaaaaa

Leslie, where's some DEX just groomed pics? :D suspense is killing me

#9 ·
hehe...it's bad. We told Dex we have to buy him a sweater. I can laugh because his hair will totally grow in nicely in a month. Him and Kirby are running around like nuts...I think Kirby missed him tonight :)

I have to say, I do think the girl tried her best...and he was there for 3.5 hrs. She felt badly for having to shave him and cut Kirby's nails for free...let's just say we won't be taking photos for photo contests anytime soon.

#14 ·
Leslie that 3rd pic is my new desktop......i giggle and want to hug Dex at the same time!!!
he's sooooooo cute!!!

#16 ·
Poor Dex - he has certainly had some trauma these past few weeks, hasn't he? He still has such a handsome sweet face! Kirby and Annabelle look sooooo sad :cry: ! Such pitiful looks!!! :cry:

Lauren, what sort of hunting do you do with Riley? I have a friend who hunts and is in love with Tyke - he grew up hunting with labs, but now is interested in getting a doodle as a hunting dog. From the few folks I have talked to that use doodles, they all say they are wonderful dogs to hunt with!

#17 ·
hehe...OMG Dexter is SO energetic with his new cut...just what we need :shock: I made the mistake of thinking he wouldn't get dirty and let them go in the yard...HOLY doodle 500x2!! Of course his bare feet still somehow get dirty. He is a huge ball of energy...I think the hair was weighing him down.

He keeps looking up at me with a big grin on his face and I have to laugh at how silly he looks. Good news is that the groomer was apparently very nice to him because he was giving her kisses when we went to get him. I did get a rec for a new place - we won't be going back to Petsmart unless our old groomer comes back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.