I am a new owner to a 2.5 year old labradoodle with a history of food allergy only per previous owner. Within the first week he was itching and had scabs all over him. I took him to a dog dermatologist. She diagnosed him with Atopy (inhalant allergies to mold, dust mites and Kapan), she told me to wash this dog with Chlorhexidine shampoo twice a week (to remove allergens in fur), put him on antibiotics, steroids and allergy shots. Within 2 weeks his skin got extremely flaky, even itchier, and I switched him to a oatmeal shampoo and decreased the washing to once a week. The allergens in the air really do seem to bother him and he gets itchier and itchier toward the end of that week. He is shedding alot, even when he isn't biting and scratching (I am trying to work out his food allergies too). Any ideas of what I can wash him with to remove allergens but not dry out his skin so much? Do labradoodles shed at this time of year normally (getting rid of winter coat?) Its all alot to deal with and we're in such a mess. Any words of wisdom...please?