Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mom said she couldn't stand me anymore, after playing in the rain and mud all week, I got a bath today. If that wasnt bad enough, after Mom dried and fluffed me with the hair dryer, I had to have a haircut :shock:

Guess it wasn't that bad as Mom said now I smell scrumpcious and feel like a chenille blankie - I'm getting tons of huggies - Annabelle :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
annabelle.....you are one of the cutest sweetest doodles and you mom was mistaken to say you played in the mud!!!
annabelle you're a real lady ......love your new haircut too :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
She always appears 'bashful' when you take that first pic :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Annabelle, you look BEAUTIFUL! Great haircut - and it looks so soft! What a pretty girl you are!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Cool, I was wondering about that earlier. I saw where someone mentioned trimming around the eyes so she could see her doodles eyes, and I was wondering how you would trim around their eyes without risking poking one out.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cracker9ball said:
Cool, I was wondering about that earlier. I saw where someone mentioned trimming around the eyes so she could see her doodles eyes, and I was wondering how you would trim around their eyes without risking poking one out.
I got the scissors at petsmart, they have a nice rounded ball tip on them and are a short scissor.

Annabelle is very good, I just say scissors and she sits very still while I clip around her eyes and lips

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Annabelle, you loook maaaavalous dahling!
You are always a beautiful doll to me! I love the new haircut though, your mama is a good barber!

To those considering cutting doodle hair around eyes and face...not only are the round tipped sissors a great idea, but also do it when your pup is sleeping or at least sleepy...take the hair in your fingers (as if your fingers were sissors) and place your hand over their eyes. That way you are even more assured that you won't poke...AND be very careful around their mouths...they lick while you clip! Yes! You don't want to cut a tongue...and one more thing, their skin is very pliable, so it takes very little to pull the skin out so far that you clip it thinking it is hair. Be careful!!! It takes practice and patience....and oh, so much caution.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Jac !

good tips, you do have to Be Very careful when trimming your furbabies, I'm fortunate that my sweet girl sits very still when Mama has the scissors out :)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TY, I'm liking my haircut, got 2 xtra treats from my friend John today coz he said I was sooo cute and smelled so good :wink:

·
Registered
670 Posts
What an angel!! :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
You know, Anabelle, it is just so hard to even see your coat...you have such an adorable face and smile!
I do love the cut...but dang, you are simply darling any ol' way!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts