Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My name is Cassie and I am new to the forum. My husband and I got our 8 week old puppy on 12/23/06. I have to say that just browsing the posts and responses has made me feel much better. Our puppy Dunkin, has been doing all the usual puppy things like biting, jumping, nipping, and barking. However, I have noticed that he barks at anyone who walks by us while we walk or play outside. I do not want him to be an unfriendly or unapproachable dog. If anyone has any suggestions about what to do or why its happening please let me know. Or is it normal and will go away on its own? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im having the same proble, infact i was gonna post about but i saw this thread.

Hyde is 8 months, he just started barking at strangers about a month ago. We have been going to the dog park siince he was 4 months, and he never barked at anyone and would always sit on peoples laps. Now he barks at strangers at the park, and when he is in the car, he will also bark at people walking down the street or anyone who comes near.

Its becoming a real problem, its almost looks like he gets nervous and barks, but he has been exposed to many many people and this just started happening.

I would appreciate any advice as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Funny when I saw this thread. My doodle Digby is a year and we have had him for three months (rescue) anyways, was never fearful or anything and now he has had two incident with barking excessive w/ strangers but this was at our house and in our van. We have been to Petsmart and he was no problem, was a perfect gentlemen. Maybe they are having anxiety or something. When my guy barks he gets a firm NO and he settles down. We have a schnauzer and they bark and everything, but from when he was 6 wks. we condoned the behavior and people can't believe that he is yappy, he is yippy though he is 12 and is not in the best of health and so we are dealing with the biting issue, so I figure, that the doddle is picking up on some of his quirks! Not gonna happen here.

We are working on it :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts