Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our vet called to say they had an opening for Bailey to get neutered today. I said yes and took the opening. The sooner the better so he has lots of time to heal before we go on vacation in March.

I'm a bit anxious as our previous dog almost died while being spayed - she was unknowingly allergic to long acting anesthetic. She was also allergic to the stitches and had a terrible reaction/infection after. So it wasn't a simple procedure.

I know Little B will be ok but any prayers would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sending good thoughts and puppy prayers for a safe operation and speedy healing. He'll do great!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Bailey it's no Biggeee, I just had it done and you won't even need to worry about bikini season :lol: ...good luck Abby Dabba Doodle

·
Registered
337 Posts
Lily, I understand your anxiety. Having "lost" one during spay myself, I always find it difficult to say everything will be fine, however, I wanted you to know that you and Bailey will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

G

·
Bailey you will be fine but practice your sad face! When I came home from getting spay I hit the jackpot!!!! Lots of new toys and rawhide to chew and treats and love from Mom. I wish I could get spay again!!!

Licks
Maya

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Prayers, good thoughts, and healing energy being sent your way. I worried when Tanner was neutered too..worse than having kids

:wink:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Puppy prayers from Bogie coming Bailey's way!! Bogie will go in 2 months and I understand your anxiety!!
Let us know that he's doing WELL!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! Well, Bailey is at the vets. He was so excited when he got there but then when they took his leash and led him to the back room he got terrified and put on the brakes. He suddenly realized I wasn't coming with him. The nurse let me take him back and reassure him. My two sons were with me and my eldest started to cry. I think after losing my golden in the summer, it is still so fresh for him - he's worried Bailey won't come home just like our Kita. We talked and I let him know this was a simple procedure - just a snip and a chip. The nurse told him that every dog that has had this operation since she has worked there has been fine. He was ok with that.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Aw.......it's scary for your boys. I'm glad the nurse was reassuring.
Is the surgery done???

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Aww. Ya hate to have Bailey, you and your boys get stressed that way but as much as you prepare, it is tough. It will just make the reunion that much sweeter. Good luck!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
BAiley you'll do fine it's your parents who won't till ya back home. Our mom cried when she got back in her car after dropping us off
OH yeah , you'll get TONS Of extra hugs and kisses later on

sincerely Max and Peanut

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The vet just called and said everything went smoothly with Bailey as expected!!!!!!! I miss him so much, we can pick him up after 4. Hugs and treats are waiting.

Vicky I remember you posting a while back about losing your dog during spaying and I certainly had that on my mind today. What an awful thing to go through. It certainly makes you realize anything can happen at any time.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts