Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

It's going to take at least one bag of double stuff Oreos and a bowl of ice cream to perk me up.

Today was to be the day to pick up my new best friend at the airport. Apparently VIP dog travel has certain temperature restrictions. I didn't know that and found out from the breeder that my puppy could not be shipped today as planned. :cry: I'd rather the pup be safe than rush delivery.

The weather forecast is for extremely cold temps for quite some time in Minnesota. I've heard that their summer lasts from July 1st to August 1st. LOL. Could be spring before he gets here! Just kidding...probably a couple of week delay though.

I know that the wait will be worth it when I see that new puppy.

Off to the store to get more..........you guessed it.....OREOS!

Dave

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Oh bummer... if it's like what I've read, they want the ground temp to be at least 45 degrees at the point of take off and delivery.
Quite seriously, that could be a LONG wait. It's 17 degrees here right now which is pretty average for this time of year. Better get a case of those cookies.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Awwww BUMMER. I feel your disappointment.

May I suggest Edy's Slow Churned Caramel Delight?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Have Jaime make some walnut fudge brownies...blueberry pie and i sure hope it warms up soon .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I hate waiting.....especially for something as grand as a new pup. I'm trying to be patient. Bummer!

Road trip to Minnesota might be in the offing. Not sure about my schedule though or how many bags of OREOS are needed for a 32 hour drive. I'll weigh a ton before I get back to Virginia.

Pass the OREOS please! :lol:

Dave

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Oh, how disappointing! Yes, I would be gearing up for a road trip! Fingers crossed that a warm front comes through soon!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Oh what a bummer!! I know you were all geared up to get him too!!

Better to wait I guess than to have the poor thing get sick :(

What about a pet transfer service? like Pet Movers or a similar service - that would fly with your puppy in the cabin? Might be cheaper than gas that's for sure!!

Good luck and enjoy your ice cream, sorry you aren't spending the evening with your new doodle!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Better safe than sorry! But tis the season for weight gain.....so comfort food is a given anyway! :wink:
Prayers going out for warmer weather and a speedy delivery of the new bundle of joy!! :lol:

G

·
Oh that stinks! Maybe you can find a super cheap fare out and back. The pup is then allowed to fly in the cabin with you in a small crate....(and if you get a nice person next to you you can take him out!)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
DaveinVa said:
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I hate waiting.....especially for something as grand as a new pup. I'm trying to be patient. Bummer!

Road trip to Minnesota might be in the offing. Not sure about my schedule though or how many bags of OREOS are needed for a 32 hour drive. I'll weigh a ton before I get back to Virginia.

Pass the OREOS please! :lol:

Dave

Would it be in the realm of possibilities to fly to MN and pick up your new best friend and have him in a carrier under your seat? How much more would the ticket be compared to shipping the puppy? Just a thought.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey! Good News. I just got an email from the breeder and she is going to shoot for Tuesday to fly the pup here. She is going to use a different airline.

Northwest Airlines has a 10 degree minimum. Not because of the airplane (they have climate controlled cargo holds), but because the cargo terminal has no heat. Some other airlines don't have that problem.

Tuesday........bag of Oreos each day until then for stress relief=one fat Doodle Dad.

I'll take some pictures to post.

Dave

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum - I've also just joined and just have a few more days to wait for my doodle pup to arrive. The wait is agony! I had a mail this week from the breeder saying they were considering sending the pups a week early but then wrote back the following day to say it would be a week later afterall - so I can feel your disappointment at having to wait longer.

Fingers crossed the weather warms up again quickly and your gorgeous pup will be with you very soon.

In the mean time... bring on the Oreos (or in my case Stroopwaffels)!

Libby

1 - 20 of 23 Posts