6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just checking to make sure everyone is ok with all the bad weather
that has hit the past 2 days

just wind and rain and a mucky yard where we are

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Really! Glad you're okay Mary!! Sheesh! How horrible!
We're fine here in Michigan.......just freezing rain and then heavy snow.......bad driving!!
Thanks

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Thank God, all the bad stuff INCLUDING the 20" of snow stayed south of us this time. So we're safe and praying the rest of you are as well.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
We just had a little more wind and a smattering of snow to cap our rain. Miko spent a little time investigating the new tree limbs in the yard for freshness....or is it squirrels?? :wink:
I too hope everyone came through it safely.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Just 1" of rain followed by 7" of snow out here. Nothing to get real excited about. Unless you want to talk about the mess in the basement.

My son used to live in Jackson, TN right across the street from Union University. He went through 2 tornadoes while he lived there. That town is a tornado magnet!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
doing good here :D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Thank God, all the bad stuff INCLUDING the 20" of snow stayed south of us this time. So we're safe and praying the rest of you are as well.
You missed it Tink, but we got it here big time in Madison. Lots of blowing, drifting snow on Wednesday. Treacherous driving conditions coming back home from work. About 15" total.

We also had a 700 stranded (Yes 700, that is not a typo) and nearly twice that stuck in a traffic halt on I 90. Vehicles went off road, jack knifed trucks all brought traffic to a halt. People spent anywhere from 8- 19 hours in their cars. It was something that I just could not believe could happen.

Here is my post.
http://labradoodle-dogs.net/forums/about6514.html

New story of the traffic standstill.
http://wkow.madison.com/News/index.php?ID=18757

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
We were fine down here - by the time it got to the coast, there wasn't much of anything except rain. My brother in law (Shoney the cockapoo's dad) was working in Memphis that day. I was on the phone with my sister in Charlotte when Ken called in to let her know he was ok, but part of his office building collapsed, and three people were killed right across the street. When he had gone out to lunch earlier that day, he came back to find someone in his parking space, so he had to park elsewhere. After the storm, the car that was in Ken's space had been SQUASHED FLAT! He said the noise was incredible when the tornado went by, and his ears were popping from the pressure. We were all just glad he was safe (and back in Charlotte today!!!)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How Scary Kim, glad your BIL is ok!

Closest I have been to a tornado is about 3/4 mile away and that was too darn close for me!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
You aren't kidding! We sometimes have waterspouts down at the beach, which are basically tornadoes over water, but they rarely come ashore. I remember sitting on the porch of our beach house as a child watching the waterspouts out on the ocean - I wouldn't have wanted to be in a boat at the time!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts