Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caught Dex up (again) on the sofa he isn't allowed on...I had trouble being angry with this...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
BEAU loves to sneak up on the quilt on the couch with his ball when we aren't looking. Of course he gets the quick BEAU NO and then i go to the kitchen to giggle :wink:
he does look comfy up there and i must say his red coloring compliments the green couch quite well hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Now how can you argue or not give in to that!!HAHAHAHA!!
Awwwwwwww.......he looks so comfey and cozy!!.....and adorable!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He looks so comfy, are they not allowed on furniture or just
that couch. Just curious ........
Just that couch. It's really a losing battle. The sofa is right in front of the front window. When they hear something Kirby goes to the side of the window to check it out and Dex jumps up on the sofa to get a better look. He definitely knows we don't want him up there (thought we would try to keep our "good" sofa nice)...I guess he could be confused as to why he is allowed on some and not others, but he is quite smart and I think he understands. I am starting to lose my will to fight w/him over it.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Leslie...buy a dog throw at Costco...saves the couch.
That may be a good idea...I'm still not thrilled w/giving into him though...that photo of Tanner is so cute! That is Dexter's other favorite position ;)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Judging from this pic I'm sure if you asked Dexter to get off the couch he's probably yawn and say 'WHAT COUCH" :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Dex and Tanner's pix are making me sleepy! They look so comfy!
Give it up girls, according to Tyke, THE DOODLE ALWAYS WINS!!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
My mom stocks up on them whenever we go to Asheville - there is a company called the Manual Weavers and Woodworkers - everytime we go up, we grab a couple more throws!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Annie - Tim did mention a trip to the Biltmore Estate once y'all get moved here - the Weavers' place is just down the road from there!! (and Mom knows where to look for the good deals!!)

·
Registered
42 Posts
hanging out on couch

Do throws and quils work if you have a leather couch? I picture the throws/quilts sliding off the couch leaving the cutie on the couch with possibilly a toe nail hole in it from jumping on!! What's everyone's experience with leather? How do you prevent couch chewing??

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
We have leather couches and they survived puppyhood, thankfully! We never invited Cali on to the couch and she still isn't aware that being on furniture is an option. I think she chewed a couch's worth of rawhide bones as a substitute during that intensive chewing stage. I now know rawhide bones aren't great for dogs, but that's what got us through.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i only have one cloth couch, all other couches, chairs etc are leather
but my doodles use their dog beds not my furniture.

and keeping a blanket on a leather couch hahhahahhaaaa!! good luck
i did this with my 3 kids ...blanket slips off or moves alot.

giving chew toys and knuckle bones deters them from tasting furniture
or at least in this house with our doodles.
BEAU eats the mail now :roll:

·
Registered
215 Posts
OK here's a question.

Here's my proposed dog/furniture policy:

"Don't get on the beds upstairs, but OK to get on the couch downstairs"

Or does it have to be ALL (open access to furniture) OR NUTHIN' (keep your hairy butt off?)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts