Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard from the foster home of the doodle in Oregon and she told me would not adopt Mallie out to a home that had a dog under 1 year old....Calvin is 6 months and fully vaccinated....I am sad....BUT, I guess it wasn't meant to be so I'll keep looking....Leslie

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm so sorry. I hope you find your new addition soon.

Out of curiousity, why doesn't she want to adopt out to someone with a younger doodle? Is it just her preferance or does she has a specific reason?

Good luck,
Michelle

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect it has something to do with the parvo issue...BUT, I do intend to ask. I fianlly got my husband used to the idea and somewhat resigned to the fact that I was going to adopt this doodle...and now this! Les

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She confirmed it was the parvo thing....That is REALLY disappointing, but I do not want to put Calvin at risk, so I'll keep looking....Leslie

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Leslie, I am very sorry...I know that you would have given this dog a very loving home.
I agree with you, and the others, though...if Calvin would be in any risk of getting sick it isn't worth taking that chance. As hard as this is on you all, I really commend you for putting Calvin first.
A very special doodle is waiting to come your way...when the time/circumstances are right. You'll see!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope so....There are about 8 doodles in a Hayden, Idaho rescue that appear to be from a breeder who died and the family did not want to continue breeding. They look and sound great! I have to jump through the hoops again, but hopefully, if it is meant to be, I'll be able to bring one of them home. Check them out at www.danegang.org.
I am very interested in the animals temperment and ability to get along with Calvin, the cat and my boys. There is no mention of these traits in the ads, so I'll have to talk to each foster home about that.
I'll keep you all posted...Leslie

·
Registered
853 Posts
Leslie, those doodles in Idaho look so cute. I hope one works out for you! All this talk about getting a second doodle has gotten me tempted. :D Doc has gotten so much better behaved, I'm feeling like I might be able to handle a second one. :D

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hi Leslie,
jeannie is great to work with. She likes for people to meet with the doodles, and see how each one may fit you or your lifestyle. They actually have about 20 in rescue right now, and all of them are gorgeous. She has not had any problems with them temperment wise. I think a danegang doodle may be great for you. There are the ones on the site and more coming.
Shannon

·
Registered
24 Posts
NurseLeslie said:
There are about 8 doodles in a Hayden, Idaho rescue that appear to be from a breeder who died and the family did not want to continue breeding. They look and sound great!
I saw the ads for those doodles before I found Bud. They look great! I hope it works out for you (and for them!)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok, this is driving me crazy...I actually got up at 1:30 this morning to see if anyone has updated this post. We are looking to get another (2nd) doodle and I have been keeping my eye on the "Dane Gang Doodles". They are willing to ship but what is holding me back is not being able to meet the doodle first and not having any information on the doodles history. (puppy mill?) PLEASE please let me know how your visit goes/went, and any extra information possible. I really need my sleep but all I am thinking about is MORE More more Doodles. HELP <grin>

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Anne....I must say that I have not been real encouraged by the folks at Dane rescue. They don't have enough time to answer my questions and-quite frankly- don't seem to care. The only thing I could get out of them was that all the doodles are currently in Hayden, Idaho. Nothing about individual temperments or health or anyting! I understand they are busy and volunteering their time, but if you want to get these pups out, you have to be available.....just my thoughts.

Since I cannot drive to Idaho and do not want to get a puppy sight unseen..especially a rescue, I have abandoned this quest. I am currently working with Shannon on getting a goldendoodle here in Oregon. Wish me luck!

Now, good luck to you AND GO TO SLEEP!
Leslie

G

·
Anne,
Don't give up yet! It looks like they now have a volunteer to answer all Doodle questions! The Rescue Groups usually do a great job in making sure the 'fit' is right for your family. They will ship. I would give them a call, especially since all the initial calls may have subsided a little. They are sooo cute! And now they have puppies, too. Someone saw that they had rescued these doodles and they had some puppies that needed to be rescued, so they asked them to handle the adoptions.
In the end we will have had 75 Doodles
25 Doodles available for adoption now!
Nancy has volunteered to answer
Doodle questions
(406)251-5359
www.danegang.org.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OH, now I feel bad! I certainly did not want you to give up, I was just not in the position to drive to Idaho and I will not buy a pup sight unseen. I encourage you to call and get all the info you can. They DO look adorable and I wish I could be considered, but.....It is just not meant to be for me at this time... :cry:

Leslie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts