Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Licorice has a very bad habit. Sometimes when she goes outside to poo she will come back in licking her lips. :oops:
I have caught her eating her poo but she doesnt eat it all of the time and never all of it. She does leave a bit for my daughter to clean up. :lol: She is 2 1/2 years old. I had hoped that she would grow out of it.
It is just a nasty habit and was wondering if there are others out there that do the same thing. Please dont think bad of her She truly doesnt want to be known as Licorice the Poo Eater! :roll:
If you have any sugestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks
Theresa

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gene I will try this. In all of the different breeds I have owned over the years I have never had one do this. I have to post some pictures soon. With the holidays I havent had time.
Theresa

·
Registered
248 Posts
I knew a dog that did this and the vet said it's because of the food she was eating. They switched food and viola, no more poo eating!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I don't have any additional advice BUT on another non-dog related forum I visit, someone took a poll and 33% of the people said their dogs ate poo! So you're not alone. :D

Deb

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Tyke hasn't eaten (or tried to eat) any of her own, but look out if the bunnies have been playing in the back yard the night before - apparently rabbit poo is as delicacy! And why does she always want to give me a KISS after she's done that??? :roll:

G

·
Maya doesn't eat hers but she will eat the stray cat's or bunny or deer or chipmunk or.....you get the idea. I don't think there is anything I can do to stop her except to tell her to leave it.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Cali has occasionally eaten hers, but not lately. The worst is when she eats cat poop if the neighborhood cats have come by. If only I could get the cats to eat pineapple.... Hey Sue, how are cats on eating pineapple?

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Meg none of mine will eat any fruit............
Maybe puree the pineapple and spread it over the cat poop
Bahhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
141 Posts
Charlie went through this a few weeks ago. At a few people's suggestion, I started to feed him more, and he seems to have stopped. In his case, I think he was just still hungry (ewww!).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts