Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charlie survived a week with his team of petsitters. I'm glad he was able to stay home in familiar surroundings. He played with his best friend every day and seemed to get along fine. Of course, he was happy to see us but he didn't seem over stressed at all. UNTIL... I had to go to the grocery store for a few items. My husband was home with him but Lee said Charlie first came to complain to him that I was gone - a combination of dog "talk" and whining. Then Charlie stood at the back door and howled until I returned. Lee said it was really painful to listen to and that he couldn't distract Charlie at all. <sigh> Luckily, I was only gone about 20 minutes.

It is good to be home! We're getting our routine back today.

Deb

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Welcome back!
Hmmm, you will want to work on that behavior...for Charlie's sake. I totally understand his worry, but a good trainer can help him to overcome the intense fear when you leave.
Good luck...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes! It is nice to be loved. :) It's also good to be home with my snuggly doodle.

Jac, you make a good point. Charlie has always been attached to me but this is the first time anyone ever heard him howl in such a sad way. :cry: He doesn't normally get upset when I leave. I think it was just the fact that I'd only been home a couple of hours from a week long trip. I'm hoping it was an isolated occurance!

Deb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts