Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Murphy, when he is standing up and shifts his weight backwards - the pads on the back feet spread outward. Is this normal?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no they arent spreading out, they are spreading up...when he is standing and his weight "leans back" onto his back legs you can see the small toe pads facing straight out, as if you where looking at the bottom of his feet. It like when he leans back he doesnt curl his toes down and lets them curl up instead...would a picture help?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
have you seen a poodle foot? their toes do go up. yes a picture would help.

not sure if you can see this one.... is it like that (or even the fronts which are easier to see?)?

btw this is a f1b who's mommy had her feet shaved like a poodle to try to slow the mud from coming in the house!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a picture of one of Muphys feet when he is leaning back.He isstanding in this photo.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
ok hmmmmmm

I lifted all my dogs and none did that. you are right I assume about it not being normal. I am sorry I can't help. I see exactly what you are talking about though. This might be a call to the vet issue. He doesnt seem to be in pain does he?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No he doesnt seem to be in any pain at all, no heitation of movement or anything of the sort. And he is on all fours leaning back when that happens. Not on back legs al 4 paws are on the floor. I think it might just be a weird characteristics like flexabe babies or double joints. I first noticed it yesterday when i was brushing him and with the strokes on his back he was leaning back with them like you would end up moving with a back rub. But again no doesnt seem to bother him in the least.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
maybe he can win money in an unusual contest!

I think I would still mention/show your vet at your next scheduled check up :)

let us know what he says.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts