Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALL, and I mean ALL of Coco's baby teeth are falling out!!! :shock:
She lost 4 today!!! :shock: Is this normal to lose them all at once??
She has been gnawing/gumming a nylabone edible chew bone all day long.
We talked a while back about somebody's toothless grin!!!
Well, Coco looks like, not the 6 year old who lost her two front teeth....but the 100 year old toothless granny dog. Yes, her grin is pretty funny right now!~ :lol:
I guess I will make sure her food is soft and mushy....poor thing... I have found teeth everywhere!! Never before has any of my other dogs lost them all at once like this, or left them on the floor.
They all swallowed theirs.
Coco may have swallowed some of hers.... :roll:
Hopefully the new ones will push through fast!! :!: :!: :!:
What do you think? :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
No real advice except....PICTURE PLEASE! Jonah lost 3 in on day (yes, i saved them), but his others were almost out already. Some one on here said freeze a damp wash rag for them to "gum".

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Poor coco sounds like my 6 year old daughter! Annie lost 8 teeth in 6 weeks and I had to revert back to making all soft foods like when she was a baby... It is quite the sight and the poor kid got attention everywhere we went - she has the biggest grin and it was VERY hard to miss the missing teeth! She is just now learning to bite with her new teeth and they've only grown in halfway!

You MUST post a picture! I have to show Annie that it happens to the dogs, too! She'll never believe me otherwise!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Jane....enjoy not being mouthed or nipped hahahaha and TAKE PICS!!!
lots of 'em! and losing their teeth like this is normal for some doodles hahhaha Max did it over 2 weeks...one week a few the next week all the rest hahahhahahaa!!!

now you guys can play GUMBY and POKEY hahhahahha!!!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon didn't swallow her teeth either. It was the first time I ever had to pick up dog teeth and no she didn't get a visit from the tooth fairy. That was my hubby's suggestion, but I didn't go for it.

My son also lost a bunch of teeth at once, but he could still eat an ear of corn off the cob. Don't ask me how he did it, but he did. Where there's a will there's a way!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
How old is Coco? At what age does this usually begin to happen??

And yes, you MUST post a photo of this, if she doesn't mind too much....poor thing!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Coco is 5 months old and she won't make the right face for a photo so far.......She actually has some of the teeth on the bottom front, I don't know if they are baby, or new........and one canine on top... I will try to get a picture....but she's tough to get her still and then " smile"

I'll try again. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Kristen - I don't know if you really want to share this with your daughter. My 7 year old picked up all of Dante's baby teeth as he lost them and insisted the tooth fairy would bring a doggie toy for each one - it gets expensive fast!

Heather

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow...let's see how many teeth you ususally find? 5 , 6? times at least $8 a toy or more equates to a bare bones minium of $40-45 + tax. NOW if you find the squeaky toy section to be doodle enticing then the cost goes up invariably to a minimum of $60+ tax OH we're talking 5 tooth fairy teeth favors :wink:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, coco has teeth coming in.....mostly middle teeth on each side and I see some on top front.....she is looking better....though I guess she doesn't have a smile that shows teeth very much....my son has my a camera at his work.....sorry no pics.....but actually when I tried to get a good one showing the lack of teeth....it wasn't any good. :cry: :(

they sure seem to come in fast....like the weeds out back. as fast as I pull them or cut them down, they're back taller than ever. Spring weeds, thankfully, will burn off soon.
At what age should all adult teeth be in their mouths?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
well i do believe when they all look big enough? :shock: :wink: hahahhahahaaaaaaaa sorry couldn't resist! :wink: :D :D

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great article, Sue!! Thanks for sending the link on....Interesting!!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK....First is her normal look....only she is fluufed from the groomer's today.....
In the second photo, you can't see the top toothless spaces.....
Her bottom big teeth are in and here's the first smile picture I have ever gotten.... :lol:
(doesn't show what lack of top and middle teeth she has.....though I can see them on top a little when I pry.... )
I bet they are in-in by tomorrow!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Haven't found anymore teeth in weird places lately.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts