Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay help me out here guys and gals.

I would like to mix in something to Dante's Canidae to help his coat. I am really confused on the whole "egg" issue. Some sites say feeding eggs to dogs is fine, others say only if they are cooked first.

I think some of you break fish oil capsules over the dog food but does it have a fishy smell?

I have a neighbor that feeds Avoderm and she says one of the main ingredients for coat health is avocado.

Dante could actually use more weight - he has a very high metabolism so I'm wondering if it would be safe/okay to mash a bit of avocado up in his food?

Has anyone tried this?

Right now he gets a cup of Canidae mixed with a spoonful of canned Canidae and spoonful of mushed up sweet potato three times a day. He only will finish two of these meals and maybe half of the third meal. We also do a spoonful of yogurt occasionally.

At his 12 week vet visit the vet was alarmed by his weight - which is when I started adding to his food. Last week at 4 months she was much happier with his weight.

Avocado anyone?

Heather

G

·
I'm not much help except to say that Bella gets diarrhea with eggs and so does Annmarie's Max...so maybe try the others first?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Warning: BE real careful with AVOCADO a tiny bit is ok but it can be toxic to a dog's system!!!

The omega 3 capsules i give to my doodles once a day in their food and wow Max's coat is shiny though i am sure the canidae helps too.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Oatmeal - which is a nutritious and palatable gluten-free grain with significant levels of thiamine and vitamin E.

I mix in oatmeal with chicken and green /yellow beans for Denver,
I mix it into his Canidae and his coat is beautiful!!!

Sue

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
You've seen Raleigh and Molly's coats.....beautiful,healthy and shiney...all from Canidae alone!

·
Registered
260 Posts
i'll sometimes put a few tablespoon-size scoops of plain yogurt in the bowl with kumo's food. he loves it, and i've heard that it can be good for a dog's digestion and coat.

-em

G

·
I put a little bit of olive oil in Boyd's food. I was using the salmon oil but it stinks and it makes his little 'ol beard smell.... :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
My Vet and the assistants yesterday were commenting how nice, soft and shiny max's coat is! I was beaming and said proudly that's the canidae along with omega 3 and oatmeal mixed in. :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just happened to read tonight in "How to Be Your Dog's Best Friend" that they use 1 teaspoon of either safflower oil or flaxseed oil with each meal.

I might try it - I'll let you know if the poop gets mushy!

Heather

1 - 9 of 9 Posts