Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My doodle Digby weighs 60 pds. We went out to dinner last night and there was a person walking a doodle. He was a black dood and quite cute, was 50 pds. I have heard alot of people saying how big the doods are.

What is the "average" size of a doodle, is there a standard?

Just curious

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I think the size of doodles varies based on the size of the parents. Lani is about 52 lbs. at 10 months and her parents are 55 lbs and 75 lbs. Toby I believe is close to 60 lbs at 7 months and his parents are both about 65 lbs. Only time will tell. I know of a couple of doodles over 100 lbs. I understand they can continue to fill out until aobut 18 months old. Maybe some of the breeders on the forum can let me know if my thoughts are on target. There are standards that breeders are working toward if you check out this link. Hope this helps .

http://www.ilainc.com/IALA/LabradoodleB ... ndard.html

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
MilosMom said:
Milo just got weighed with his shots this week: 74lbs and he's a year and 3 mos.
I was just looking at your photos in the gallery and noticed a photo pf Milo in a bench when he was little. I think we have the same one and this is what Toby used to do when we first got him. Now he is way too big, he is 7 months and about 60-65 lbs. Milo is adorable! :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Digbydoodle said:
What is the "average" size of a doodle, is there a standard?
I was wondering the same thing. We just picked Bud up yesterday and I was a little surprised by how big he is. He is a year and 7 months old and weighs in at a hefty, but lovable, 93 pounds.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
average weight?

Hello all !! what a great site. Max is just 4mos old now, 20 high at shoulder and 35lbs as of last week. OK, am I correct in now realizing he probably will be more than 55-60lbs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts