Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know we have our house on the market and have been flooded by lookers (41 scheduled and completed appointments). Tanner has become very protective and aggressive about his property. Tim and I have come to realize we can't deal with this on our own. I believe it is called "fear aggression".

The other night a neighbor dropped by for some information re our house and Tanner went ballistic...no amount of commands, calming words, removing from the area would calm him down.

Time for action. I have contacted 5 trainers in our area and am going to interview them and pick one to come to our house to work with us.

Wish us luck

:!:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Good luck - let me know how it goes. So does Tanner go crazy when people come in or when he sees them outside...just curious. Kirby goes balistic when someone is outside...he barked like a lunatic at my parents last weekend, but once they are inside he's fine...he seems to have a separation issue so I'm very curious to see what you learn.

Your post made me remember something I wished to ask about Kirby - I'll post separately to not hijack :)

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Good luck AnnieG! How frustrating since he wasn't always like this. I'll be curious to learn what you learn from the trainer.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tanner goes nuts if people ring the doorbell or knock on the door. He isn't the least interested in passersby..unless they have a dog of course.

He loves the daycare workers...sometime if they hire a new one it takes him a while to warm up but this is totally different.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Good luck Annie, keep us posted.

The kids hired a trainer to come in for Emma and Macy - they both have different behavioral issues, charging the door barking like crazy was one they both had, first session, the had Emma sitting back away from the door and not charging or barking which shocked us all as Emma is the "white bull" has never listened and just charges forward all the time :lol: Macy still was charging door, not sure how much work it will take or her to stop that
Anyhow, so far they are pleased, they've had 2 sessions and their training is guaranteed for life, if you have a problem they come back

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Good luck. I am sorry for all that. But he just doesn't understand what is going on and whats to keep him home safe maybe. I don't know what I am talking about but it sounds good. Sorry. :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
sdrudge said:
Good luck. I am sorry for all that. But he just doesn't understand what is going on and whats to keep him home safe maybe. I don't know what I am talking about but it sounds good. Sorry. :)
Samantha, I think you are absolutely right! It's got to be confusing for Tanner to have prospective buyers who strangers come in his house like that! I'm sure when he comes back and smells around, he feels like his space has been "invaded!" Annie, I hope you find the right trainer soon - poor Tanner!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have hired a trainer to come next Friday. She will work with us at home. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
TANNER can't wait to hear all about you and your new trainer :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts