Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have been shopping for an F1 for months and I am close to choosing a pup. I would like to see as many doodle pictures as I can. I am looking for pictures of puppies and adults- (at least a year old) of the same dog.

Sort a a before and after study of F1 coats.

So I ask you ........doodle fans..........show me your dogs!

Hope to be viewing your beautiful doggies soon.

Thanks

Maddie

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Maddie here are some pictures of Lani, she is a F1. Hope this helps you decide. Please post pictures when you get your doodle, we would love to see him/her. Good luck

Lani at 2 months

Lani at 6 months

Lani at 9 months

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Leave it to Rochelle to have such a great help and share it with all!

I had the idea of making a photo book along the same lines but it didn't occur to me to put such before/after pictures on my website.

I have several puppies on our website that have grown up. One, we called "Daisy" really surprised me as she grew up into a really pretty dog. And one, "Denver" gets commented on by lots of people who inquire to me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is check out my website, and the sites of other breeders who post here and most of us have a variety of dogs.

And BEST WISHES in choosing!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone,

Beautiful dogs too!

And thanks to you too Moviestar for some exellent advice!

I have already seen the pictures posted at springcreek, and I must say, the breeder who put that together did an exellent job!

If that breeder is reading this - you are awesome! THANKS SO MUCH!

However there are so many possibilities for adult F1 coat, and her F1 section had about 3 dogs followed from puppy to adult. I imagine the link might still be a work in progress, and heavily dependant on the cooperation of the owners to follow up with continuing to send adult photos.

So.......I'm hoping to see as many pictures as I can, to get an idea of adult coat, and still I realize truly only time will tell.

Please keep the pictures coming, its so intersting to watch them develop!

Thanks everyone!

Maddie

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey, Maddie, I don't know if Rochelle reads this forum or not, but that page is a GREAT resource. She does, I believe, largely breed multigens so her f1 section might just stay small. But Diane, and Linda ("dixiedi" and "gracielou" as posters here) both breed F1's and have for enough years to have seen puppies grow from pup to adult and might have LOTS of pictures for you! There are others too, like Mickey of doodranch.com, and Lee Ann, but the rest are slipping my mind right now. Oh, and Virgil checks in sometimes.

Jac and I are breeding f1b's but there are ALWAYS an f1-type puppy or two in our litters, and so I can tell you that for me, I price those puppies as f1's, I don't keep the price up just because they are "technically" or genetically supposed to be f1b's.

Have you already chosen your breeder? Do they already post here?

I LOVE when people ask about before/after pictures so I commend you for broadening your visual base. :wink:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Maureen,

I have a couple of other posts up here, and I must say all of the breeders have been great! I have been looking for a female flat coat F1 mini.

We have a smaller home with a small yard, and cannot accomodate a larger dog.

My husband hates the curly, more poodle look (thats why the flat coat).

To make things worse, my son does not want a black dog.

So with all this in mind, and a limited budget, I have been searching, and you have all been really helpful! Maybye you remember now.......I'm that pain in the neck doodle owner wannabe with too many restrictions!

Anyway, I did look at your site, your dogs are beautiful. I saw Denver and Daisy (stunning dogs), but I can't tell how old they are in the photos, and which are their baby pictures and which are their adult pictures? So I guess I'm just confused.

Anyway, I am looking closely at a breeder who is supposed to be sending me updated pictures today. I really like the black pup, and he fits into my budget a little better, but I really wanted a girl. But she has brought down the price of her cream female, and we are considering her, as my son has this thing about black!

Does anyone know anything about Loveable Doodles? If you know anything I would be happy to hear, but we haven't bougt one yet! Take a look at her pups, I am looking ay Abby and NoNo's babies. What do you think those cats will look like?

Also.........If any of you breeders have a suitable pup for me, I would be more than happy to consider befor we choose, probably tonight, or soon after (I hope).

Thanks so much

Maddie

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Maddie said:
Does anyone know anything about Loveable Doodles? If you know anything I would be happy to hear, but we haven't bougt one yet! Take a look at her pups, I am looking ay Abby and NoNo's babies. What do you think those cats will look like?

Thanks so much

Maddie
where is the site?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Mickey!!!!!!!!!!

I DID NOT forget you.

You have been great. I would love it if you could take a look and give me your thoughts.

I'm not so great at this link thing. But I'll give it a try.

www.loveabledoodles.com

She's come way down on price for me, as the pups will be ready to go next week.

Thanks so much!

Maddie

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I just searched and saw lovabledoodles.com
I see that they have OFA/CERF etc. on their std. poodle but no testing mentioned on the toys? I wonder why? OFA will do a prelim grade on a 1yr old pup. :?: And "champion stock" doesn't mean anything, I'm afraid....most "champions" have TONS of inbreeding in their pedigrees! :roll:

About the space/yard: I have 4 dogs in a suburban yard... .15acres to be exact! And Poodles - big or small- are NOT high-energy dogs...they just lay around!

If you want a small dog, just because you want a small dog that's fine, but my 2 poodles and my research says that even Standard, 50+lb poodles are really happy in apartments, townhouses or small yards. That was part of why we got our first one.

It looks like Linda has a couple of blonde cuties http://www.4pawspuppies.com/puppies.htm - just tell your son he has bathing duties! :wink:
Also Lee Ann has one or two flat-coated darlings: http://homepage.mac.com/sleepyhollowken ... um233.html and they are both VERY reasonably priced breeders who do have proof of testing on their dogs.

Looks like Diane has some GORGEOUS blonde f1b's, by the way!

Anyway, best wishes..... on all your choosing and compromising!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
are you kidding me? I would love a true multi gen mini breeder to chime in and set me straight here, can they really do this with no health issues down the line?

they breed this

to this?

because you inquired about my upcoming litter some time ago I don't feel its my place to really comment anymore than what I have told you before (you know I am here to help!)... make sure they test and their guarantee is good. I see theirs is 24 months of age. Thats two months shorter than those that give a two year after you receive the pup. May not sound like much but if you choose to test hips via OFA they need to be 2 years so technically you could lose out that way. Other than that listen to Maureen. She is smart and has referred you further to breeders that fully test and know what they are doing.

Keep hunting you will find what you are looking for. Remember 10-15 years in your home, don't settle k? :)

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
thanks, Mic!
I have a question that I think all clients or potential Doodle families should ask a breeder....tell me what you think of it:

What if everyone asked "Have you ever had to follow up with a buyer because of a health issue with your puppy?"
A follow up question would be, of course, "How did you handle it, or What did you do to resolve the problem? "
What do you all think of those questions? It's one thing to offer a guarantee, and it's another to have to stand by it!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Maureen,

I saw a post on the forum that said "Beware Triple M". A puppy was purchased, and deemed so ill and underweight, it was unfit for sale. The owner E-mailed the breeder, but there was no response. I would never consider shopping there.

I am trying to ask the right questions. I appreciate all that is offered.

Stll waiting for more F1 pictures, and any information from mini breeders.

Thanks to everyone, and keep it coming.

I'm listening

Maddie

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
love your question Maureen, but those that are unreputable will probably lie and those that are reputable may not have had to experience a health issue. just my first thoughts, but still an extremely good question.

what do you think about breeders that say "well my vet says they have good hips, no need to test"

I heard that the other day.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My thoughts exactly Mickey,

Thats why I look for recommendations, or warnings posted by unsolicited owners.

Cheaters will probably lie, but I still like to believe most are honest and have good intentions. The secret is figuring out who is who.

Not an easy task...........

Maddie

1 - 20 of 145 Posts