Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sierra Vista shared their "in" for calandar chances. They use a Sacramento photographer who works with both Brown Trout and Willow Creek publishers (for calendars). I was concerned about the cost--I know what "pro" photographers charge for the day . . . I thought maybe if there was general interest, we could consider a cost share. I contacted the photographer and asked if she had ever done multiple dogs as well as individuals. She loved the idea! I then asked the million dollar question--what is the cost??? Awnser: FREE! Yippeee! She charges the publishers. Please let me know if you are interested. She is in Sacramento and would probably prefer to do the shoot here but we could discuss locations. If Sacramento is agreeable, I would love to host you for lunch, a romp and whatever!
Dear Maureen--this is no help to you unless you would like to pay a visit to N CA--I have lots of room!
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Copper would love, love, love to participate. Does he have to know how to stay first? :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hello everyone!

For some reason this did not come up on my notices so I am slow to respond...but I will try to bring some of my dogs in for this! (Since it is only Labradoodles, no reason to bring Chase or Rosie.)

Maureen! What a great idea!!! I am expecting Lexie to go into heat any day now! (Um, I wonder how the photographer would deal with dogs in the flirtation, consumation phase! :lol: )

Vicky, Copper would be great! But I must admit to asking the same question...do the dogs have to know how to sit and stay...in a CROWD??? Oh, my.

I'll do my best to be a part of this...it would be great fun!

Please keep me in the loop...

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hahaha!! Vicky and Jacque, you are such worriers! We can get all of the dogs to sit and stay--we just need a really FAST photographer!! :lol: This is a wonderful opportunity to get our babies "published"! And even if they don't sit and stay in a group, she can shoot individual shots! The question is, she would really like to do this the week of Oct 15--she really likes this time of year. She would also prefer mid-week but would be willing to do a weekend. Does this work for you? Since she is based in Sacramento, she would like to do the shoot in Sacramento. I have offered my house but she may have better locations. And Jacque, I'm serious, you are really welcome to overnight with us! What fun the dogs would have!! :lol: Please let me know your preferences and I'll get back to Marge.
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Sounds good to me...midweek works well for me too. Just let me know for sure when they want to shoot the pics and I'll put it on my calendar.

Speaking of Lexie being in heat...if she is, would they prefer that she not come along? (I'd understand!)

It would be much easier not to bring her if she was in heat...I'd worry about unwanted advances! (Unless, of course, Maureen is there with Keenan!)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahh, Maureen--I'm sorry! But the thought of new babies is exciting!

Jacque--I'm clueless about dogs in heat. Dakota and Copper are both neutered and I would ban Sparky for the day. I don't think the photo people would care other than it may be distracting to the other dogs. Your opinion is worth much more than mine. It's hard to actually "calendar" a precise day right now because weather is a major factor--a sunny day is much more desireable for photos. I'll touch base with Vicky and see what her availability is.

Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here I am, thanks Diane :wink:. The week of Oct 15th sounds good to me. That's one of the benefits of homeschooling I can pretty much schedule anything in as long as the boys can come. :lol:

I think I can get Copper to "stay" if I am not the one with the camera and I bring lots of treats.

It sure would be nice to see if Copper remembers his mama.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vicky and Jacque
All right--this is getting down right exciting! :lol: I took some pictures of my yard today and I intend to send them to Marge to see if she thinks it will work or if she has a better suggestion for a location. --This time of year, yards--at least ours--are not at their best. If it's ok with you two, I'd like to try for Wed or Thurs of that week--weather pending. (I'm out of town the week before and a little housework and yardwork will be in order!! :wink: I'll be in touch!
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I am sorry, Maureen, that you won't be there! I'd love to see you and to have you bring your dogs! But...wowie!! You will be a new mama!!! I am so excited for you!

Hey, Diane, I think that I would like to invite our other pups in the area...is that okay? Maybe we can get Chloe, Zoe, Harpo and Buddy to come!

The only thing I ask is enough notice that we can easily get the dogs ready and make the drive...it is about 4 hours on the road for us!

The problem with a dog in heat is that all intact males would be wanting to get her! (And they can come from all over the place!!) So, I'd be watching for all of the homeless dogs to come out of the forest to get my Lexie-girl! It's as bad as being the mother of a teenage daughter!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow Jacque--the more the merrier! I think we should just go for our own calendar--we can have a group shot on front and each pup can have his/her own month!! :lol: I'll check with Marge--I don't see why she would mind. When I talked to her today she was excited about 5 dogs! My yard is beginning to feel smaller . . . :wink: As to the day, it is largely dependent on weather. I will be gone until the 15th and will not have online access. Watch the weather; I would like it to be the 18th or 19th so I have time to spruce up the house and yard (if we indeed do it here--I'm leaving the choice up to Marge). Sooo, if the weather looks good, pick a date and let me know. If you would like to contact me, I will be at 530-825-3313. Even if none of our babies make it to a calendar, this is going to be a blast!! :lol: :lol:
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Attention: Jac, Vicky and anybody else that is interested. I spoke to Marge and, weather pending, she would like Friday Oct 20th. She would like to do several settings: my house, possibly a neighbor's house (I do need to ask!!) and a local, relatively quiet, dog park! Is this sounding OK?? We are getting serious here! My contact number next week is (530) 825-3313.
Diane (and Dakota)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts