Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think my Molly will end up weighing?

Shes 15 lbs at 14 weeks. The vet said small and the breeder said approx. 50 lbs. Shes presently 14 weeks - 15 on Wednesday. she still seems so small. Will she go through a growth spurt any time soon?

·
Registered
57 Posts
http://www.goldendoodles.com/Health/growth_chart.htm

That link was on a previous post, and it might work for your dog, but it might not. My dog was fourteen weeks old yesterday, and only weighs 18 pounds, so I can understand the angle that you are coming from. :? I'm hoping for a larger dog around 60-70 pounds, but from the looks of things, I don't think shes going to be bigger than fifty. But temperament is the most important thing for me, and if she keeps up her attitude, then I'd take her if she stopped growing right now. Yet, I'd still like the extra weight 8)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
With Cinnamon, her growth spurt came between the 5th and 7th months. That's when she really gained the weight and shot up in height, too. After the 8th month, she didn't gain but maybe a pound. She weighed in at 60lbs at her 1 yr check up, but now she's 58lbs and seems to be holding at that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
exactly

I have a wonderful dog, but Im not even sure she will reach 50. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i know for us at around 5mos they both GREW...then stopped at 6mos

then at 8-9 mo OMG Max really grew in height and weight.
Peanut is 8mos right now and we're waiting hahhahahha

max also grew a bit taller in his 12month.
I think peanut just porks out sideways no more height yet.(goldens have a broader thicker frame and coat too)

·
Registered
57 Posts
how much did max and peanut weight around 4 months?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max weighed 35lbs at 4mos.and i think 22.5in then...now at 13mos he weighs 67lbs and 26 in tall at shoulder

Peanut remember is a goldendoodle which is a broader thicker frame and shorter in height...she was 24lbs???i have to look at an old post hahhaa
and at 8mos is 45lbs and only 21 in tall

·
Registered
57 Posts
okay, thanks.

I'm just trying to do some math based on that chart to see how big my dog is going to be. If she keeps on growing like she has the past 5 weeks, then she will be from 50 to 60 pounds-is that a small doodle? Anyways, I heard that girl doodles grow until about 6 months-do they still have the growth spurt you were talking about with max?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
50-60 pounds is a medium

and Max is a boy...Peanut a girl and i haven't weighed her in a month

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
At 14 weeks, Coco was 17 pounds.

She is for sure 50, or a little over now. She is 8 months old. She gained 7.2 pounds between 6 and 7 months. Not sure her exact weight now....but I will try to weigh her soon and let you know. Everyone who doesn't see her daily, says she is still growing.
8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts