Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a long seven-and-a-half hour car trip, we're home and survived the first night! She slept all night and didn't get up until 5:45 am (which was plenty early, and she wasn't going back to sleep!). She's adorable, and my five-year-old daughter LOVES her -- we've had two accidents on the carpet already today but I'm going to be more on top of that. Luckily it's summer and we can be outside a LOT!

She's going for her vet check-up this afternoon, where I plan to ask about her umbilical hernia repair (which the breeder's vet did when she spayed her) that's still lumpy, along with about sixty other questions!

I still haven't bought the ex-pen but that's on my list! However, how do I actually get a shower, and out of the house to buy groceries, let alone an ex pen?! This puppy doesn't want to be out of my sight for one second! Which I guess is a good thing on the first full day here!

Anyway, thanks for all your help with my pre-puppy questions-- I was excited to show you all my pictures!

·
Registered
670 Posts
awwww sweet Stella you are beautiful! :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Mountaindoodle - Stella is absolutely beautiful! I wish you many years of happiness with your new doodle!
To put your mind at ease a little, my last dog had an umbilical hernia as a puppy that was repaired when she was spayed. She still had a lump as well, but we never had a minute's trouble with it, and Fritzy lived a happy life for 16 years. I definitely think you need to let your vet do a check, but I wouldn't worry too much about it!
Enjoy!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
What adorable puppy. She looks so soft. They grow up fast so take tons of pictures. :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
WOW Stella is stunninly gorgeous!!! congrats :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
oh my, what a beauty. too cute squishy fuzzy puppy face!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
She is absolutely gorgeous. Congrats!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words! She really has been fun today although she's definitely a chewer! I need to find some more toys she enjoys gnawing on so I can keep her away from the shoes, chair legs, rugs, etc.! :shock: She's not too impressed with her Kong toys but hopefully as she gets older she's appreciate them more -- otherwise they were pricey doggie decorations!

Kim, thanks for the support on the hernia... I took her to the vet today and she said it was a really large area to be so swollen so she aspirated it and removed a bunch of fluid. She's starting on some antibiotics since she wants to be safe rather than sorry and is thinking she's had a reaction to the sutures. Crossing my fingers that this is an easy fix! Poor baby!

Brenda, she does resemble your Rose! There were a couple puppies in her litter with curlier coats that looked even more similar to her.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
MountainDoodle said:
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words! She really has been fun today although she's definitely a chewer! I need to find some more toys she enjoys gnawing on so I can keep her away from the shoes, chair legs, rugs, etc.! :shock: She's not too impressed with her Kong toys but hopefully as she gets older she's appreciate them more -- otherwise they were pricey doggie decorations!.
Keep the kong, she will like it later... Lucas wasn't interested in his until he was about 9 months old!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts