·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i am going to be studding out Beau as soon as i finishing a bit more testing
and other breeders here will be helpful in providing excellent info

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi, I have not yet used AI for my breeding, but I know of many breeders who have. I assume by your post that you have a female...I don't know but I think that you would be best going with another miniture...full sized is probably too large for your female.
Is this your first dog breeding? If so, there are so many things to consider...I'm happy to help you along the way if you would like.
I have been advised by stud owners that they will only send sperm if I have had progesterone testing through a vet because home kits are not reliable and you don't want to waste your time/money and especially a full heat cycle on bad timing.
Your fertility vet should already have companines that he/she works with for AI.
Most owners of studs will also require that your female be tested before they will do natural breeding or AI.
The cost of AI is usually borne by the female owner, as is shipping and collection costs. You also need to pay the stud fee or make an arrangement for a pick of the litter choice for the stud owner.
Also, check pedigrees to be sure that you are not breeding related dogs, even if the male is far from you, many times they come from the same lines.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like...just send a PM by clicking on the button below.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thank you Jac :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks Julie! This is my F1B male from our most recent litter...I am keeping him and his sister for breeding stock...they are very smart and have darling personalities too...I am so happy!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I am wondering if anyone on this forum has been breeding f1b goldendoodles or Nar's yet.

and so far i've been talking to 2 places that do sperm collection
one does frozen as well soooooooooooo i have more to learn here
hasn't been easy but well worth the effort

jac that little boy is GOREGOUS!! wow

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks Ann Marie...
Rosie's litter as an F1B litter and the pups were absolutely darling...and sooooooooo smart! We had one we named Gabby and his new owners kept it. LOL He is a talker.
Really, her litter of pups was very special.
NARs are still in the wings for me...I just had such great pups with Chase and Rosie that I don't want to miss any cycles for another breeding with them...I may double cover Rosie with Nitos for NARs at her next heat.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
it's comforting in a way to know i am not the LONE Ranger here in my breeding strategies :D
thanks jac

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
It was a letter, not a link....I hope it is okay that I copy this. :?

Hello Breeders!

As most of you know, the ALAA has an Infusion Mentor (Dixie Moore) and an Infusion Policy regarding infusing parent breeds into existing Australian Labradoodle/Labradoodle lines. The Infusion Policy is based on the breeds that were used in the development of the Australian Labradoodle according to Angela Cunningham of Tegan Park, one of the original breed developers, and they include Cocker Spaniels and Cockapoos.
It has now come to our attention that Angela has revealed that she also used Golden Retrievers during the development of the Australian Labradoodle. Subsequent DNA breed analysis testing indicates the presence of Golden Retriever in the lines with ancestry tracing back to TP Gold Dust.
At this time, and on a very limited and experimental basis, the ALAA proposes to permit and pursue the infusion of approved Goldendoodles into Australian Labradoodle/Labradoodle lines.
It is the belief of the ALAA Executive Committee that infusion of the Goldendoodle brings the following positive attributes to the breed:
· Lower maintenance silky coat with less matting
· Reduced ear infections due to less ear hair
· Greater tendency toward use as service and therapy dogs
· Larger size when breeding Standard sized dogs, in cases where the breeder wishes to infuse new lines but not downsize by using cocker/cockapoos
· Greater opportunity for breed diversity
The following rules would apply to the infusion of Golden Retriever into existing lines:
1. Only F1B Goldendoodles may be approved for infusion. No F1 or F2 Goldendoodles will be approved, and no purebred Golden Retrievers will be approved.
2. Goldendoodles must have pedigrees of ancestors including ALAA accepted association registration numbers of purebred dogs, i.e. AKC, CKC, ANKC, etc.
3. F1B Goldendoodles may be bred to approved F1B or higher Labradoodles or approved Australian Labradoodles.
4. A maximum of three puppies per litter may be retained or sold for breeding. Conformation photographs must be submitted and approved.
5. Puppies resulting from Golden infusions will be watched carefully. Photographs of 50% of the offspring must be submitted at four months and at one year.
6. All pairings must initially be approved IF you intend to sell, market, or register offspring from the matings as Australian Labradoodles. If, by pairing lesser generation dogs you intend to create a breeding dog available, in the future, for registration within the ALAA, extensive health testing of parents and offspring must be performed, and pedigree verification must be documented. The ALAA does not guarantee these dogs will be granted registration. Individual dogs approved for a mating may not be used for subsequent matings with other dogs without approval.
The following testing will be required of approved F1B Goldendoodles:
· Permanent or prelim OFA hip score of Good or Excellent or PennHIP score of 60% or above
· Permanent heart clearance
· CERF within 12 mos. PRIOR to breeding
· vWD clear (by parentage)
· PRA clear - no carriers (can be cleared by parentage or individual testing)
· Permanent or prelim OFA elbow clear
· Thyroid testing at the ALAA Gold Paw level (includes FT4, canine TSH and TgAA)
NOTE: Hip and elbow preliminary ratings are good only until 26 mos. of age for a stud and 28 mos. of age for a bitch. After that age, permanent ratings must be obtained to qualify as a breeder eligible for infusion privileges.
We want to caution breeders from rushing into breeding Goldendoodles into their lines. We want to proceed slowly and carefully. Only a limited number of infusions will be approved. It is possible that the results will not be as expected, which may result in having some puppies that are difficult to place.
NOTE: The proposal to use Goldendoodles will be discussed with member breeders during our annual general meeting to be held via conference call on March 3, 2008. A separate email will be forthcoming with details on joining the call, which is open to all member breeders. Sixty days after the conference call, a vote will be held regarding the inclusion of Goldendoodles in the infusion program.
At this time we also wish to increase restrictions on the Cockapoo infusions. The following changes will be made:
1. Only 3rd generation Cockapoos may be approved for infusion. No F1 or F2 Cockapoos will be approved, and no purebred Cocker Spaniels will be approved. All previously approved Cockapoos are grandfathered.
2. Cockapoos must have pedigrees of ancestors including ALAA accepted association registration numbers of purebred dogs, i.e. AKC, CKC, ANKC, etc.
3. 3rd generation Cockapoos may be bred to approved F1B or higher Labradoodles or approved Australian Labradoodles.
4. A maximum of three puppies per litter may be retained or sold for breeding. Conformation photographs must be submitted and approved.
5. Puppies resulting from Cockapoo infusions will be watched carefully. Photographs of 50% of the offspring must be submitted at four months and at one year.
6. All pairings must initially be approved. Individual dogs approved for a mating may not be used for subsequent matings with other dogs without approval.
7. Required health testing for Cockapoos is under review, however until the review is complete, any newly submitted Cockapoo must be tested to the Gold Paw level.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hey, Judi, thanks for posting this. I have not heard about it.
I think that it would not hurt to infuse Golden or Lab back into some multigen breeding...so many of them look just like Poodles now!
Still, I find it a bit amusing...not long ago, there was a huge rift between Beverly M and the ILA because she was talking about infusing another breed...and the members were up in arms because there were too many undocumented breeds infused. Seems a bit funny to me that now it is being endorsed.
I believe it is political.
For me, I'll stay with my sweet F1B puppies that seem to have the perfect blend of Lab or Golden and Poodle...except that I may try NARs...still, I am not planning to do any multigen stuff at this time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts