Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It cracks me up! I walk Bogie for an hour and he comes home to poo and pee!!
Only ONE time did he poo and I didn't have a poo bag!! :shock: WHY? because I never need one!!
Anyone else find that when ya get home from a walk, ya gotta let the dood in the yard immediately??.......What is this all about?? :?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Kirby almost never poops on a walk. He is so odd w/his pooping...in the morning my husband walks him, and then when they get back they go to the wooded area of our yard, my husband lets him off leash and Kirby will almost immediately poop. I think he likes to poop in familiar territory :) He will poop at the dog park though so I think being leashed must inhibit his pooping for some reason. He will pee on walks though.

In the afternoon, Kirby always poops immediately after eating. Even if he poops before eating, he stores up a little for after he eats.

Dex on the other hand will poop anywhere. He often poops and pees before we've even left our front yard on a walk.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Question, when these dogs were pups and you were house breaking did you bring them in as soon as they did their business? If so, you trained them to hold it as long as they could to extend that wonderful time walking with you! Not to be wasted on 'business'. Business was the signal to end the fun sooooo...Now when you walk them and they don't go bring them in for 5 minutes then walk them again until they eliminate then PRAISE/TREAT ETC. NOW extend the walk to a little playtime walking after they eliminate to reward them for doing it right THEN go home. This should solve the problem...good luck!
PS this is common in pups raised in cold climates :shock: I wonder why :lol:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Jonah is not a big pooper out of his element. When we go to the park......he waits as long as he possible can, most times til we get home. Same thing when we go out on errands together. Miko will pee any where, poop when needed. Don't know yet with Rumor....we haven't done anything more than a vet trip together.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Yeah I don't know how Kirby was raised...we got him at 1 yr. He definitely has issues going if he is distracted...I think that's part of why he likes to go in a quiet yard.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Abbey always poops and pees on her mid-morning walk. She does have favorite places to poop. Boy, you can tell when she wants to go. Pulls on the lease and goes right to one of these favorite places.

We take her out in the evening, to the front of our house, and throw the ball for her. The other evening we were throwing the ball and talking to neighbors, who come out to watch and throw an occasional ball, and I could tell she had to go, but she had no idea where to go "out front". She was sort of running around in circles. Finally, she found a quiet, secluded place to do her thing. Everyone got a good laugh out of her private needs. She does love to chase a ball.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It strikes me as funny that you want them to poop and pee on a walk. I trained Dante that he needed to go at home before we leave on our walk. He is the first male dog I've owned and I didn't want him stopping to sniff and mark everything he could find. Am I weird?

Heather

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Heather your not weird. I do that with Cacao. We take care of it before. She sometimes has to go but not normally.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Charlie has always pooped multiple times during our walks. The exercise is evidently a bit stimulant. And the marking thing? Well, every few blocks he needs to pee somewhere. When we had Lucy, our foster dog, I realized that she never relieved herself during our walk. She would wait until we got home. In fact, I would wait for her. I wasn't taking her back in the house until she at least peed.

HOWEVER, I agree with the last couple of posts! Anywhere OUTSIDE is good.

Deb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts