Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
WOW! You really DO care...

Calvin is fantastic as usual...I'm sure you all know that they were found safe and sound about 2 miles away...Anyway, after that episode, and the constant fighting between the two of them..(Actually, Lizzie does all the actual fighting. Calvin just wants to play with her but she HAS to be in charge and has started getting very possessive of me, the yard, food, toys, treats EVERYTHING! She will bite Calvin so hard he yelps in pain EVERYTIME I come near him. NOT O.K.)....Anyway, we decided that, as much as we really do love her, she is not the best match for our family at this time and have requested the help of a Fox Terrier Rescue organization in Portland to help us find her a new home.

Here is her website....

http://www.geocities.com/foxterrier_res ... e_wft.html

She currenly has 4 families that have requested information about her and are in the official application process. The organization has done the home visits and all screening and I am confidant that they will find her a well suited, loving, forever home. We will miss her..and I know Calvin will miss her because he is constantly trying to engage her in some kind of play.

AFTER she is adopted out, we will begin the search for another dog. My husband wants to get just a simple yellow lab, but I really want another doodle and am searching the area for one. As a matter of fact, the newspaper had a listing for what I suspect may be Calvins sister today. 10 month old Blue female Labradoodle. I will talk to my husband when he gets home...But he has strongly suggested we wait until Lizzie is actully gone before we add another dog to the mix. I know he is right, but hate to miss an opportunity! What do you all think?

Thanks for asking...I read the forum daily and have kept up on all the antics. Maybe I'll be able to add a few of my own soon...

Leslie

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Welcome back Leslie....you've been missed! Sorry to hear things didn't get better, but happy that a more suitable home is in the works for Lizzie. Good luck with talking hubby into another doodle. We'll be keeping our paws crossed for you!! :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Leslie,
Lizzie's web page is great! She looks beautiful. I am sure the right family will show up soon and will be thrilled to have her. You rescued her from the shelter, made her gorgeous and have good people trying to place her. I think I would inquire about Calvin's possible sibling. Lizzie may be placed very soon and you could move ahead...or they may just hold the sibling for you since there is a connection. You can at least check and see if the fit is right.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well, I called the ad in the paper and, sure enough, she IS Calvins sister. The breeders sister actually kept her bacause she was the curliest girl. She is not spayed, however...I think they may have kept her to breed her...anyway, they are moving and are adopting out their standard poodle male also..(Calvins dad). They are asking $450.00 for her BUT I would want to get her spayed, so add at least $150.00 on top of that..I know that does not sound like much, but I just cannot afford that right now.

Leslie

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Leslie,

I was watching the terriers in the Eukanuba dog show on TV this weekend, and thought of you when they introduced the wire haired fox terrier--they said they are known to be escape artists. I had to laugh a little. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts