Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am tired of buying Boyd $9 "indestructible" toys only to have them destroyed inside of 15 mins!! :roll: The only toys he can't destroy are hard rubber ones. He's a big chewer (thankfully not furniture)! Ya'll have any suggestions for toys you've found at Petco or PetSmart that will last awhile?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
kong or the big power kong. OH there's a teether ring dark blue with nibby things on it and Max has not destroyed that one yet in over 2mos
( all other rubber toys are in garbage now)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
LAM said:
! Ya'll have any suggestions for toys you've found at Petco or PetSmart that will last awhile?
BWAAAHAHAHAAHAHA!! With Jonah Jawmanator...so far there is no such thing. We do well with hard rubber balls, and for a while giggly wiggley toys...but he's even managed to tear those apart. They take longer, but the plastic pieces that he can chew kind of scare me, so they need to be supervised.

I too would like any advice. I just buy cheap toy because they both love the squeakers. Get them at the dollar tree and big lots.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
One suggestion: I wait for yard sales, and buy kids stuffed toys that are filled with 'fluff' only....not straw.....if they destroy these, well who cares? for a .25 or .50 investment it's worth it!!!! And for some reason, those are the toys that DON'T get chewed....hahaha :shock: :evil: Go figure!
Also my little ahem 'sweetheart' just found a new 'toy' on the kitchen table...remember when I said he countersurfs and never takes anything??? Well he just stole my 'Bluetooth' for my cell phone and chewed the ear piece off....grrrrr..... :evil: I was pretty shocked to see the whole thing in his mouth flashing blue!!!!!....
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Kathie, Raleigh & Molly :D :twisted: :?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
sessa35 said:
I'm suprised you didn't mention couches, gene....salvation army and good will should have plenty of cheap "old college tried" furnishings for your Jowlinator...you may need to step up to the sectionals and move out of the love seat arena though! ahahahahaaha! :oops:
Oh Vanessa....what would I do without your rapier wit! :roll:

Just wait til I'm well again.... :wink:

PS you dou make my day though! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Kathie....does Raeigh have BLUE teeth now? hahahhaha
ohhhhhhhhhhh boy i would have given anything to see that flashing in his mouth!!! i know it's not funny but when someone else's doodles does it...it is!!!
kinda like when max chewed one lens of my eyeglasses so i see lopsideed if i ever decide to use them again :wink:

The ONLY other indestructible toy i can think of is what we doodlaholics call "dead carcasses" once their de-squeaked and de-fuzzed and sometimes de-eared or de-footed my doodles love to play with them all day long not shredding them anymore.
I no longer ressurect them by needle and thread...and no funerals tothe garbage. NOPE just put them back in their toy chest on the floor :D :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
sessa35 said:
Here, Here to Hides and Pelts!
May they be flung this way and that, through snow, mud, water, dirt, and drool!

:D :D

p.s. MaxandMe--I too sacrified a pair of eyeglasses to the puppy teeth telethon...it was the second day after getting Mija...she taught ME right quick! NOOO glasses on the coffee table....Gooooood Sessa, here's a girl scout cookie. :D
Puts a whole new meaning to SEEING eye dog! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Lam and others...do NOT buy the big ball with the handle that is made for dogs and horses ( maker is Jolly something or other)

Let's say in 20min i wasn't too jolly to see the handle chewed right thru and down to the ball

The giggly balll that is more like a spauling ball....Max breaks the giggly sounding thing but the ball lasts a bit longer like weeks. I have found supervisiing them means lasting longer.

Another toy : huge plastic bottles with labels taken off and caps. NOW it does sound like rolling thunder but we let max play with them for 20min at a time keeping an eye out.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon's favorite toy when she was going through the power chewing stage was a chew rope. She could work on that for a month before she would tear it apart. It's true, some of it would get swallowed, but it would pass through. It does make a mess - little strings all over the floor, but she loved it! We did find out that we needed to get the ones at petsmart. Walmart's only lasted 15 minutes. You can get them in different flavors, like mint and wintergreen. Come to think of it, it was the first toy she learned the name of!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Try the super hard white bones that are stuffed with peanut butter flavor stuff, beef or cheese,. PetCo carries them. They last forever, and my power chewers can't destroy them. They have a great time trying to get the flavor stuff out--and still chew on the bones afterwards. They are all over my house and yard !! They are by far the best and safest thing we have found so far !! Kathy, Lizzie and Louie and "super Jaw" Shelby.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I totally agree with Annmarie about the 2L bottles! Dexter loves them! We take the label and the plastic ring off and give it to him w/the top for about 10 min...then after he's had fun chewing the top we take that off and just give him the bottle. He's never actually destroyed one but after they get gross we take it away. He's not destructive at all with toys, but this is a good cheap one :) Our other favorite new idea is buying the natural bones (we buy them at Wegman's supermarket or petsmart) and shoving a piece of bacon up in it...he'll chew at that for so long and he can't get the bacon out :twisted:

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys! I'll try your suggestions. I'll also post more pics of Boyd as soon as I get a new battery for my camera. I will definitely be at PetSmart and Petco this weekend! :roll:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Okay - I can't resist. These are not indestructible, but apparently are supposed to be okay for them because they are digestible. It's pork skin chews. Buster and Buffy both went for them today - and Buster hasn't just sat down on chewed on something for a really long time (years).

They are destructible, but it's taking them a while. Longer than the edible nylabones I tried last. Now they are both wiped out from all the hard work and it doggy nap time.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I LOVE this forum....bad day at work, come home to happy doodle pictures...makes life grand again!! Thanks Betty!! May make a trip to petsmart this weekend for white bones and pork skin chews!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
gene said:
I LOVE this forum....bad day at work, come home to happy doodle pictures...makes life grand again!! Thanks Betty!! May make a trip to petsmart this weekend for white bones and pork skin chews!
amen Gene...amen!!! had the day from hell. hahhahahaa and i finally got to sit down since 6:30am today and wow i feel sooooooooo much better now THANKS!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
this forum is addictive!!!

Yes, I love and look forward to reading the entries you all post here....they sure brighten the day, for sure!
I just have to say that my glasses were chewed lst night!! Coco managed to get them off the dresser, not a difficult task anymore....she's getting so tall! The lense is chewed up towards the top outer corner....sooooo I see a few little sparkles sometimes!!!!!!!!
Can't afford to replace them right now....too many doodle toys and we are on the third collar!!
oh well....will pay more attention to the sneaky counter-browsing and thieving pup!!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
The lense is chewed up towards the top outer corner....sooooo I see a few little sparkles sometimes!!!!!!!!
Bahahhaahh Jane you are too funny!!!!
Don't ya just love them Doodles (most of the time) :wink: :wink:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts