Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bella (despite her illness) can run amazingly fast and can out run any dog. In fact I only know of one dog than can catch her.

Most dogs give up and just wait for her to return :lol:

Is this a common thing with doodles? Are they known to be very fast runners? and for long periods?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Annabelle is very fast, she outruns her friend Bandit, border collie whenever he comes over to play. AB has very long legs and she can turn on a dime. She will play as long as you let her, we make her take breaks though.

How is Bella feeling?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
YES they are extremely fast runners!!!
they not only build up speed but power too when they are in a full run

ever get knocked down by one in full speed :shock: :wink: :lol: :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Yes, mine are...although they most often run in circles! hahaha
I think that there is something about the retriever that makes them runners and the long legs of the poodle that makes them even faster...and much more athletic and graceful. They are amazing to watch, I think.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver is a bullet and the manovers are amazing
People are very impressed with the way he can turn because of his size.
He does get beat by the neighboring border collie mix and a couple of
local Greyhounds..............everything else he can outrun..............

·
Registered
5 Posts
Most people are amazed how fast Mojo is despite his enormous size. He flies past just about all other dogs (as Denver noted, greyhounds run faster, and so does a neighborhood mix that seems part Viszla and something else...but not the bcs we run into.)

At rest:

In the backyard, in their usual positions--with Emma at the chase:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Kirby is really really fast, however poor Dexter was not blessed with speed. He gets frustrated at the dog park because he cannot catch most of the dogs :)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Tuesday runs so fast on our hikes in the woods. Like Jac's dogs, she runs in circles. She runs through the trees and up and down the hills and circles round to keep an eye on me. Actually, she acts like she's training for some kind of marithon.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has to be a doodle thing huh

bella also runs in huge circles, her best mate madge is like 'you know what? I'll just wait for you to come back' :lol:

She can turn really sharply too, wish my car had a grip like hers on the roads :p

Most people are amazed when they see her running, she's the only doodle around here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Rowen wasn't really blessed with speed.. he generally lopes, unless of course he's doing a doodle 500.. but still, our 10 year old Vizsla can beat him in a race

·
Registered
670 Posts
especially when sofie has competition.. she runs like a greyhound in open land! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts