Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Nice little "fort" under the tree, do you doodles go in there?

2 of my labs loved apples, one did not, think they upset her tummy. Annabelle has had a few pieces but didn't beg for them whenI was making applesauce

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Ktodd....Green apples are NOT good for dogs as we found out the hard way here.
it gives them severe diarrhea and vomiting. Kirby ate some green apples the night before leslie was driving up to my house to get him hahhahaa

GREAT shots!!!and that's a crabapple tree right and not a apple tree :wink:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I LOVE the pictures!!!
The apples should be okay in fact raw apples are good for diarreha. The pectin is supposed to firm the stools for humans and I would think doggies too!
However... the apple seeds contain Strychnine (SP?). I have let my puppies chew on the ones that drop around them as they just chew the surface. If they start really chewing I will stop it.

·
Registered
985 Posts
What a neat yard you have, and what a great place for kids to play!

Since they're not on the lists I've seen of foods unsafe for dogs I figured they were fine, except for the seeds, of course, which ARE listed. Chouette loves apples, bananas, watermelon, pears - I don't think I've found a fruit she won't eat. This past summer she would go into the garden and strip raspberries off the canes. She also loved to munch on cucumbers, which wasn't good for the plants - they don't like being trampled, for some reason!
I have to start training her to stay on the path, the way we've taught our other dogs to do, instead of lolloping through the rows. DH already thinks I'm wa-a-a-ay too indulgent because I didn't try to keep her out of the garden this year, but I figured there was too much else for a very young puppy to learn.

Leslie

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Ktodd....Green apples are NOT good for dogs as we found out the hard way here.
it gives them severe diarrhea and vomiting. Kirby ate some green apples the night before leslie was driving up to my house
That was fun, wasn't it??? hahaha

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ohhhhh I love the pictures!!! Looks like doggie paradise to me!!

Both of my dogs love apples.....they play with them first and then eat them....keeps them busy for quite awhile!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've given Nicky small chunks of apples, but never a whole one. I think I'll core one for him and then let him have it. Outside! I don't want apple juice or pieces all over the house.

·
Registered
159 Posts
sandy said:
I've given Nicky small chunks of apples, but never a whole one. I think I'll core one for him and then let him have it. Outside! I don't want apple juice or pieces all over the house.
That is what I do....I core it, then give it to them outside or on the patio....it gives me a good hour to actually get something done! :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
max and peanut's favorite treats: pineapple, watermellon, strawberries, and sweet potato

OH they do lick their chops when they see cake with frosting but my family and I guard that with our life hahahaaaaaaaaaa

1 - 14 of 14 Posts