Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a lady in Tenn that is caring for her sick relative, she travels beteen Alabama and Tennessee and brings her girl Shasta with her. She wanted to rehome her because of this, but is rethinking that option. She would love to find someone to foster her girl until she does not have to do the traveling anymore. She is so in love with Shasta and it will break her heart to have to give her up permanently. This is her ad on the rescue page. And a picture

Shasta

Rehome in Tennessee/Alabama

ALTERNATIVELY, WE ARE LOOKING FOR A KIND PERSON TO FOSTER SHASTA
UNTIL HER MOM IS ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF HER AGAIN.
PLEASE CONTACT ALEE TO TALK ABOUT THIS POSSIBILITY, AND FINANCIAL
ARRANGEMENTS FOR SHASTA'S FOOD & VET EXPENSES.

Female, 13 mos. CKC, 60 lbs. sweet and playful. Has had basic obedience,
indoor/outdoor dog and crate trained. Raised with cats and other dogs,
large and small. Very alert and attentive. Not raised with kids but has
been great around strange ones to her. A little shy of men at first as I am an
older single female and she has not been around men very much. It usually
takes her about 20 minutes and she then wants to play with and she then wants to play with them also. She is crated only if workers are here to keep her out of their way. During obedience training she was crated for 4 hours at a time, exercised and re-crated and
then crated overnight. Unfortunately, I now have to care for a terminally ill relative and have very little time for her. She is too good of a loving dog to not get attention. I am asking $300 for her and she must be spayed. Owner is dividing time between North Alabama and her home in Nashville, TN, and Shasta is with her....

256.747.2539 or cell: 615.364.7032 (Alee) Email: [email protected]
(added 3/26/06)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I wish she was near me...I'd do it in a heartbeat. I hope that you are able to find someone to help out...it would be terrible to have her lose her baby.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it would. Her last email was so touvhing. She is trying to do right by Shasta, but with all the traveling and such, she just was trying to do right by her. She does not want to give her up. She really feels like she would regret that in the end, but taking care of her relative and Shasta is taking a toll on her.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hey! Maybe she can find someone interested in a co-ownership! Maybe they could share custody....just a thought!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I sent an email letting her know we would be interested in helping her out. We'd have meet 1/2 way and let Shasta and Chester meet each other before we decided. I know this would be inconvenient for her (and us) but we would want what was best for both dogs!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts