Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wanted to see if anyone had tried the klicker training? I was online a couple of days after getting molly and came across a webpage to purchase a klicker training programme.

well folks i have been doing it now for just over a week and we are getting on great with it.

molly has picked everything up so quickly! so far we have mastered the sit, sit and stay, sit, stay and owner walks away commands. so proud of my wee moley molly :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mummy is so proud indeedy! doesn't always work though when other poeple are in the room with distractions, my daughter for example! molly adores her and is very good with hertoo.
molly has even trained herself to bark to let me know that she needs the toilet!
labradoodles are so brilla dn the best ever doggies!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I don't know of anyone using clicker training exclusively...congratulations, it sounds like it is working with Molly!
You are so right...they are incredibly smart!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
We tried it, but it didn't last long. Good Luck with it! If it's working for you, that's great!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you for your replies, i have heard mixed reports on the klicker training too, like you say seems to be working for molly, so will keep going.

have a friend who is partially blind and lost her faithful guide dog and was looking into getting a doodle guide dog but there weren't any available.

also heardd that they had been stopped being used for guide dogs because they were so clever and willfull!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
We used clilcker training with Tanner in the beginning. It worked very well with teaching him the basics. I think if I had been so motivated I could have trained him to do many more commands. I think his only limitation is me. I am happy with him knowing just the basics :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I havent used clicker training but have seen it done and it appears to work well.

keep up the great work with MOLLY :D
It is so nice to hear when someone is happy working with their dog
on learning new things :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
annie, i know exactly what you mean. i started this training to get molly used to doing the basics more than anything and my personal fear of letting off her lead and her not coming back. but klicker training or not if something distracts her i can imagine that she won't be bothering with me. kim

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi annemarie
i do really enjoy doing the training with molly and she seems to be really enjoying it too. been talking to my mum and she fancys trying it with her 14mnth german sheppard. let you know how that goes he is crazy and about the size of a small horse! :lol:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I know a few around here who have done clicker training, quite successfully. Molly you're doing such a good job for such a little girl!! Keep up the excellent work!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
went on the web and i found a webpage to download the full training programme. think it was about ninteen pounds and so good so far. will have a look at the webpages and a look at the books. thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts