Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harry has a beautiful Goldendoodle. DNA tests were done to find out their genetic backgrounds. Harry was told that his dog was neither Golden Retriever OR Poodle...should have seen his face. They then said that they would talk to him about it off camera. Maybe it was a ploy to get everyone who bought designer dogs to utilize their services...I know that Harry refused to believe them!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/ ... 5745.shtml

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
wow wonder how accurate that is. I know there was a female on a morning show that had her dog dna tested and it wasnt what she thought either, but she had purchased from a pet store or it was a rescue and she wasnt ever quite sure so she did believe the findings.

I think it would be interesting to DNA some akc dogs I know.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Harry was told that his dog was neither Golden Retriever OR Lab...should have seen his face. They then said that they would talk to him about it off camera.
wellllllll........ it seems to me that this result could just as easily support the hypothesis that the dog was indeed a GOLDENDOODLE, rather than refute it, since they seem to have been unwilling to say on-air what breed(s) the test found to be present. they just reported what the dog WASN'T: a golden or a lab. well, duh!

-em

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Just watched the video clip. And if that dog wasn't a Goldendoodle, I don't know what it? :shock: He was the epitomy of a Goldendoodle ... a great looking doddle right down to the "Muppet" face!

Very strange ... I think I'd hold on to my $65.00.

G

·
Wow, Harry looked upset, maybe angry? Sheesh, that doggy sure looked like a Goldendoodle! I hope they tell us what the retest shows, but I'm guessing Harry won't do the retest :lol:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
wow, I don't think I like this film clip! Harry should be upset with someone! Either the breeder or the dna testing company made a boo boo!

I have known of breeders getting "bad" or incorrect results on dna tests from Labs, so stuff does get mis-recorded and human ERROR CAN HAPPEN! So it's really silly for the company to say there is no margin of error, in my opinion.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thanks for the link...i would have liked to seen a more close up picture of the goldendoodle. Poor Harry, he was upset and who cares what a TEST says? he still loves his dog and tests have room for error.

i'd save my money. i know my breeder personally I know her breeding dogs and i know my max and peanut are my babies with kirby also being one of my breeder's puppies too.

I love my dogs,their wagging tails, hanging tongues, and unconditionally loving hearts :D

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Watching the tape, I don't think Harry believed a word of it. And the reporter said that the testers didn't want to tell him on the air because they didn't want to be on record as to what they thought it was. Sounds kind of fishy to me.

If they could tell the one guy that his dog was a pure breed and couldn't tell the other one her dog was, then what do they know?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts