Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have you seen this?

THE AUCTION HAS BEGUN.....for austrailan labradoodles of a well known breeder to-date

http://www.labradoodleasd.com/Auction-List.htm

and then the same person who is auctioning their doodles off
already started another breeding business.

http://www.mypuppylove.com.au/

ALSO this is NOT being promoted or condoned by the
Australian Labradoodle Club of America as they posted a notice or response to this auction as well

http://www.australianlabradoodleclub.us/

and in the 2nd paragraph at the top of the page of the ALLA it also doesn't condone auctioning
http://www.ilainc.com/index.html

I at first thought the auction was because the woman was going out of business but now see that she has another type of "designer dog" breedign site as it was stated on her website. I could not keep up with all the Poodle Mixes listed.

any thoughts on any of this? OR does anyone have more factual info?

G

·
Ok that is just crazy. First off the statement on the website page that says they are the only ones to test their dogs in the world??? C'mon I know many on here test thier dogs!

And second all those crosses of different dogs. One of the big red flags for puppy mills are many different breeds being bred at one location. (let's not even mention auctioning off your previous dogs).

I'm sorry but that makes me sick!!!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
There's been a LOT about this over on the Zoo. I don't really know enough to say any more than if you're having financial problems.....selling off to the highest bidder makes me wonder if the dogs are more of a commodity than a love of animals....

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I myself would never do business with this type of breeding practice
nor would I promote it. to me that many dogs almost represents

in a day or two I am going to edit my original post and take off her NEW Breeding website in order NOT to promote it.

I also wonder if any testing is performed on any or all of the dogs both on the auction and the new breeding website with other types of poodle mixes.None of the dogs are anywhere near a $2500 price tag....and with that many dogs, are they ALL TESTED?

anyway, it doesn't leave me feeling really good reading and hearing of events such as what i posted.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Gene is right - this has been all over the doodle Zoo and everyone there is outraged by this. I'll think of the dogs and just hope they all wind up in good homes :(

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ditto Leslie!

i also wonder though about the new breeding business and if that isn't a success will this happen to all the NEW Designer poodle mixes that are now being created by the same owner.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Read about this auction earlier todat on another forum, I couldn't believe it! :evil: This makes me sick...Poor babies. I will be praying that these Doodles go to wonderful homes.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think it's bad enough that people call Doodles "Designer Dogs" but to actually promote them this way is wrong.

While the Doodle was bred with a specific focus, I don't think calling them Designer is appropriate. It sounds to much like a thing, not a being.

All Auctioned animals are sold as "buyer beware" and you get what you get. There are no guarantees. What really disturbs me is that they are selling off this "stock" as breeding animals. That just seems wrong.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I would feel weird getting a dog thru a auction. I understand with this new day and age to have a website for your doodle breeding company. But to auction off DESIGNER DOGS. I don't like that label at all. I guess after a very mean lady said to me "how could they mix breeds like that" I don't like labels. But this just doesn't feel right. Why sell them if you have another business that maybe you could sell them thur the new company. I know I don't have all the facts so I guess I feel I just don't like how this looks. And I wouldn't tell any of my friends to go to her auction or new sites if they wanted a doodle.

I hope those beautiful dogs get great forever homes. It is sad to see them just waiting for the highest bidder. :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
670 Posts
This just makes me sick. It's as if they're livestock! UGGH!! :x

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know, i had pondered a day or two if i should post this or not,
as it is a sad event in regards to the doodles

but also more importantly is a breeder being that Large and how then
is temperament and health insured on that many dogs and what kind of day to day socialization do they get with people.

then to see the words "designer dogs" on the new business website.

doodles were originally created to being a service/guide/therapy dog.
the word Designer does nothing but help fuel those against Doodles

so for me, I feel bad for both the dogs being auctioned off and the ones now being bred to create new mixes.
Maybe i'm old fashioned but a breeding business that large doesn't show me the deep love for these dogs
that I see with other breeders i know here where i live and on this forum.

This auction makes me sick because theses DOGS are not furniture or office supplies....and at same time the same person is already operating another dog breeding business.
and this is how it goes at times when a business expands too big

So how much LOVE and care is there......and when you buy a poodle mix from them, well --how well is their temperament, is there health testing, and how much daily attention do all these dogs get? as that many dogs can't be in a home but rather live in kennels (usually).

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Im not surprised,
I have been advising red flags should be up for consumers for over 6yrs,
not only in this forum but others ,,
and have been dissed by others that would not or could not believe me,,
It was almost as if people had been brainwashed

not to mention I was judged for being outspoken .. :shock: which i am 8) ,,but i do not say anything other then what may help others THINK before they believe thngs told to them,

Im sick about all this I knew it was coming!!!, '
Hate to say i told you so...but

:roll: :shock: 8)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
totally crazy..with no regard to where the puppies go.. :(
..all we know..they could be group purchase by a pet outlet
in the boonies..

i ve had respect for the Tegan name plate in the past..but, no more..

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WOW....M&T you said what I kept thinking to-date.

personally, that many dogs and they got around the laws about auctioning dogs off (like office furniture).
OH the responses they give to email are not what you're going to like :wink:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
M&T let us know if they e-mail you back. I wouldn't think they would. But thank you for say what I think most of having been thinking.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts