Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are thinking of getting a Labradoodle, but would like to see one in person before we buy. Is there anyone in the Charlotte NC area that would let us visit and see their dog?

·
Registered
2 Posts
maybe i can help??

we just rescued a labradoodle....today in fact. we just got Delilah home this afternoon. she's a dollbaby. ..... about 1 1/2 years old, so skittish but we think she has been abused so hopefully she'll get over that part. we live in downtown monroe. i'm happy to show her if you'd like....

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Welcome Melinda and Delilah :) We'd love to see pics of Delilah. What generation is she? I'm so glad you found each other. Happy Day :D :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
my little delilah

well, i just may need to give this dog a new name. we took her for a walk last night after dinner...about 7:30 so it was starting to get dark when we got back to our house. i went around the back to unlock the front door and let everyone in. my husband took the leash off (big mistake!!!) as she was going in the door. DELILAH TOOK OFF RUNNING. a sprint, through a neighborhood she's only known for a day. she would not let anyone come near her and ran, ran, ran. it's dark by this time and my husband and i drive around FOR HOURS looking for her. nothing. it is devastating. ... we think she is gone forever. my only consolation was that i had JUST put her new id tag and rabies tag on her collar, so i knew if she got picked up it would be okay. she just won't let anyone pick her up!! i went to bed crying and wanting to shoot my husband for being so stupid :) . well, he just got up to go to work and what do you know, delilah is sitting on the deck!!! how the heck did she know where our house was? we only took her on ONE WALK and have only had her 24 hours!!!! that is amazing. it took some major coaxing and barricading around her to get her to let me pick her up, but here she is, safe and sound. no telling what trouble she got into-- our trash cans have been pillaged in a major way!!-- but she hasn't eaten a bite since she got here. i am thinking i may need to give her a name that is more suited for a dog who is so SMART and resourceful. i'll take suggestions. the cuter and more unique the better! :)

melinda and delilah

·
Registered
972 Posts
Oh Melinda, I am sorry you had such a scary night. The only problem with rescues is that they do need some reassurance that they are home.. Nobody knows what happeneed to her before she came to you, and that makes it a bit hard. It took Star a few weeks to realize that she was not going anywhere else. Now, She is the best behaved of the crew, and she listens better than any of them. Given some time, you will have a wonderful pet that will stay by your side. The first few weeks is the hardest time of adjustment.. I am vey impressed that she came back home! What a smart gi :lol: rl!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was reading your post and got a lump in my throat for poor Delilah, lost forever..... Then a happy ending! Thank God she came home. I'll bet the night was as scary for her as it was for her people. Yes, I think she needs very special name. Not only is she obviously smart, but she also knows to go where there's safety and love. Blessings on you for making her such a home.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Same here Lisa, I got a big lump in my throat and an awful feeling of helplessness as I imagined Delilah running scared thru the neighborhood. I was so relieved to read the ending. It is just amazing that she found her way back home and she wasn't hurt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts