Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am posting this to learn if any of the readers has had experience with labradoodles? Either in purchasing a labradoodle or a goldendoodle?

I am seeking a full size goldendoodle and Labradoodles has a litter available.

It would mean a trip to texas from California because we don't want to purchase a dog sight unseen.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Good Approach! I bought one sight unseen and she arrived in very poor condition! Good Luck...mtd

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Never heard of that kennel...maybe others can pipe in.

And just to add a balanced perspective...I bought my doodle sight unseen, and another forum member here, debbildog, bought his littermate...also sight unseen, and both of these dogs are exemplary, as is their breeder. Just had to add that in here.

Good luck!

·
Registered
985 Posts
I too want to chime in about the fantastic experience I had buying a puppy sight unseen from a breeder on this forum. Chouette came from Maureen's Labradoodle Ranch and she couldn't have been more perfect. She was (and remains) exactly what I expected from our contacts. But I think it makes a huge difference if you "get to know" an individual through a forum such as this one, rather than picking someone that you have no other connection with or knowledge of. You can learn a lot through watching how people post here and what their philosophies are about puppies and breeding - and life in general.

Leslie (a very satisfied customer!)

G

·
I don't know them, but the pups and dogs look beautiful. The website looks professional and states the extensive testing that has been done on parents. I would ask to see test results. They give a two year health guarantee, but I would want more specifics on the guarantee. Hopefully it would be for some type of refund of purchase price and NOT a return of the puppy, which most people could not do. With how professional the site looks I would think that would be the guarantee.
A good approach is to "Trust, but verify." :lol:
Good Luck in your search and keep us posted!!!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
A good approach is to "Trust, but verify."
Linda, that's one of my hubby's favorite sayings!

Thank you, Leslie, it can be a fine experience working with people from out of state.....altho I would LOVE to meet Leslie and her family in person if I ever get the chance!

Having said that, I have often said on this forum and in emails that I think finding a breeder you are comfortable with is or should be the FIRST step...everyone has cute puppies, but a working relationship with people makes so much sense to me since we're working with live precious little creatures. The truth is that someone can deceive you in person or from afar, if that is their inclination.

Richard, I wish I had a puppy for you....I'd offer to deliver him/her to save you the time of the flight! But I hope you will read more posts from Jacque, of backporch labradoodles, because she has puppies, I believe, and she has obviously spent countless hours posting to help others here on this forum. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Cheyenne Valley Labradoodles

Richard Crowe said:
I am posting this to learn if any of the readers has had experience with labradoodles? Either in purchasing a labradoodle or a goldendoodle?

I am seeking a full size goldendoodle and Labradoodles has a litter available.

It would mean a trip to texas from California because we don't want to purchase a dog sight unseen.
I too am interested in this Breeder who is now located outside of Dallas. I would be getting a Goldendoodle sight unseen. I had to email to get warranty info and it is two years on genetic and congenital problems. On the website the pups look great but it is only a website. Feedback please on this breeder.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks Maureen! (I do have LDs but no GDs available now...)

I have purchased pups online from breeders that I trusted and have been extremely pleased with the pup. The selection was made by the breeder and, frankly, I believe that the breeder is a better persont to select the puppy for your family. Why? Becasue people always want to select the "cute" pup, or the "yellow" one or other physical traits, and the breeder can match the physical traits but also is aware of which temperament will fit in with your family dynamics.

In my case, I was looking for breeding dogs, so their temerament, personality, intelligence, etc. was viatlly important. My breeders selected winners in every case!

So, my best advice is to really get to know your breeder. If you believe you can trust them, then you have won the battle!

Best wishes on your search...we will look for your announcements!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I don't know anything about this breeder, other than I have heard of them. Their website doesn't have much info on it but I would ask for references, get their vets phone number, etc. Ask for copies of the test results on the parents. These things and your gut instinct will go a long way. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
If you doubt your decision about any breeder, follow your instincts. There are many, many Goldendoodle breeders out there and some are fabulous. In fact, the person I got my Goldendoodle from has announced a new litter and they are standard sized. I can vouch for her integrity and for the quality of the dog. If you want to PM me, I'll tell you the name and how to reach her.
You might want to be placed on a waiting list with a reputable breeder. It is worth the wait if you are not sure.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HI everyone! I am going to ask any new users and anyone else who hasn't to-date or needs a refresher
to PLEASE read the rules
about what is acceptable as I will delete posts and/or topics to enforce the following:

Forum rules:
http://labradoodle-dogs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7

and if the link won't work here is what the rules are

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:54 pm Post subject: Read me First! "Finding a Breeder" Forum Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Labradoodle-Dogs.Net Forums.

A quick post to help get everyone started.

Please try to keep posts on-topic.

The purpose of this forum is to help interested parties find a quality Labradoodle breeder. Feel free to ask questions about what to look for, and what to avoid. Your questions will be answered by other Labradoodle owners, breeders, and other people just interested in the breed.

Of course, we strongly recommend that you always visit a kennel first-hand and seek references before purchasing from a kennel.

Everything needs to be kept positive, please don't post negative things about kennels or breeders

The purpose of this moderated board is to help Labradoodle buyers help each other in a cooperative manner. Advertising litters for sale is strictly prohibited.

Off topic posts or topics deemed unnecessarily negative by the forum moderators will be deleted without notice.

Welcome and have fun!

--Mark
MOREOVER, you can say does anyone have experience or know of a breeder, such and such , in a certain area and please PM me which many on this forum are happy to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cheyenne Valley Labradoodles

I wanted to adopt a Goldendoodle froma $500 deposit (no contract). Unfortunately my family situation changed dramatically when I became the full-time caregiver to my elderly father suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. My situation is not appropriate for introducing a new puppy. I tried unsuccessfully to discuss my situation with, however she would not reply to emails. Finally she responded that she would not refund my deposit. I just have a problem with a breeder who would require me to take a puppy into an inappropriate family situation. I am sorely disappointed in this fellow dog lover. The puppies on her website are adorable and I wish I could adopt this fantastic hybrid!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I dont have anything to say pro or con about labradoodle breeder.
Seems that the previous comments say alot,,

However realize if it is clearly stated on their website deposits are non refundable then that is what it is non refundable.. just as your situation changed to needing to care for your your father it will change again,, your deposit is in place for a upcoming litter when your situation does change, im sure, if not then you have ability to go for legal action.
Im not taking up for this breeder dont know them,, but breeders have policies for a reason, if you reserve a puppy with them you are held to those policies since you were aware of them to begin with,,
if it isnt clearly stated then you do have other legal routes to persue.
good luck ,,
i hear your frustration and i am so very sorry for you and your daddy, prayers coming your way.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Forum rules:
http://labradoodle-dogs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7

and if the link won't work here is what the rules are

Quote:
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:54 pm Post subject: Read me First! "Finding a Breeder" Forum Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Labradoodle-Dogs.Net Forums.

A quick post to help get everyone started.

Please try to keep posts on-topic.

The purpose of this forum is to help interested parties find a quality Labradoodle breeder. Feel free to ask questions about what to look for, and what to avoid. Your questions will be answered by other Labradoodle owners, breeders, and other people just interested in the breed.

Of course, we strongly recommend that you always visit a kennel first-hand and seek references before purchasing from a kennel.

Everything needs to be kept positive, please don't post negative things about kennels or breeders

The purpose of this moderated board is to help Labradoodle buyers help each other in a cooperative manner. Advertising litters for sale is strictly prohibited.

Off topic posts or topics deemed unnecessarily negative by the forum moderators will be deleted without notice.
We understand the difficulties people go through and are sorry for any inconveniences regarding the return of the deposit and ill father.
But, our rules must stand and this thread has turned negative.
Thanks, Nancy, for clarifying on the deposit policy. I know it seems unfair especially when having a sick parent. I've been there.
We will have to delete or lock it if it continues.
Moderators

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
YOu are very welcome Linda, just wanted to let folks see the other side of the coin here, Im not by any means taking up for this breeder , i just wanted people to see the whole picture,, hope i have helped :)
blessings all

·
Registered
15 Posts
NAME OF BREEDER DELETED Catherine is in Texas too and I suggest calling her before you decide. We had such a great experience with her. We live in Florida and we got to know each other pretty well before she decided which puppy would be the best fit for our family. She has 5 puppies left and has reduced her price so she could find them good homes. Australian multi-gen labradoodles make great pets and no shedding! Our vinny is 8th generation! This is important to us because we have allergies and we really were nervous getting him sight unseen but she sent us a blanket with the puppies hair and my daughter was fine! Please consider this wonderful breed before you decide! Best of luck!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
We will continue to delete names of breeders that are not authorized at the forum as paying customers.
Please read forum rules.
It is perfectly legitimate to send a private message if you desire to tell someone of a specific breeder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have purchased two dogs from Cheyenne Labradoodles. We did not know the extent of the first dogs issues when we bought the second.

Dog #1 Problems with food Allergies as a puppy. At age 1 he was Diagnosed with Demodectic Mange (a genetically week immune system) This was very costly to treat. At the time Heather reported other dogs with the same genetic disorder. Now at age 6.5 years old he was recently diagnosed with total Hip Dysplasia and Stage 3 Melanoma(also genetic links and also related to genetically week immune system.) Our family will have to put our sweet boy down within the next few weeks.

Dog #2 The breeder lied about the age and weight of the dog. I thought i was buying a 3 month old 9-10 pound dog. He was 6 months old and 20 pound. In addition, at the Vet check the day after he arrived he was diagnosed with an ear infection and an infection covering his scrotum. The breeder denied (via text, because she does not answer the phone) that the puppy had this the previous day when the Vet Checked him. When Heather was asked the dates of previous Vaccinations she responded (again Via text) that "he had them at the normal puppy times." None of this information came with him. The puppy was flown to Burlington VT via airplane damp after an apparent bath and was very thin. After being in our home for now two months he continues to be very skiddish and afraid of men. He will not allow us to pet him.
Heather the breeder was very convincing and engaging on the phone prior to us paying for the puppy, however once we paid for him and he arrived to us she was unreachable by phone and had no apparent concern for this dog.
It was unfortunate timing that our first dog became obviously ill within a week of purchasing the second. Although we had health issues with our first dog, I believed Heather when she said that she had addressed those issues in her breeding program. Honestly we bought another dog because we adored our first and Cheyenne Labradoodle's price was lower. However in the 6 years that we have owned our first dog from Heather we have spent over 9,000 on vet bill related to health issues. We have brought our dog to the Very best Teaching Hospitals in this country in an attempt to save his life.
I am requesting that Heather refund the amount of 1500.00 of the 2nd dog we purchased from her. I would also request that her breeding ethics, breeding practices, and care of any animal in her care are evaluated by a local animal control agency. I also would like to confirm that the Veterinarian paper work regarding a vet check and rabies vaccine are actually legitimate. (Less)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts