Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I've been busy but check in to read posts every now and then. I started fostering a sick chihuahua puppy 4 weeks ago. Some of you know I've been volunteering at the Humane Society in medical treatment and I took the pup home on the day it arrived so she could get better faster and not catch anything else at the shelter. She gets along splendidly with Doc so we've decided to keep her. (Don't worry, she doesn't have anything contagious) I've been wanting a playmate for Doc but didn't want to get another big dog, but, I had no idea that a chihuahua would fit the bill. They play together soooo well and are sooo cute together. She's got alot of spunk and Doc is much easier to live with now because he doesn't get so bored. I'll have to post some pics soon.

Anyway, the pup (we named her Daisy) has a weakened immune system so I decided to get her some Wellness brand food to mix in with the Canidae. I want all the dogs to be able to eat it so does anyone know if it's alright to feed the adult variety instead of the puppy? Daisy is about 6 months old as far as we can figure based on her teeth. She had mostly all puppy teeth 4 weeks ago and now has all adult teeth. The canidae food I feed is the All Stages variety. Thanks for any input!

G

·
Hi Kim,
Despite the name 'Wellness' I don't think there is anything more beneficial in the Wellnss food versus the Canidae food. Both are human grade and score well. Either one would be good for your dogs. Wellness does make a puppy formula, though.
Is there a reason you thought Wellness would be better for the immunocompromised puppy?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, sorry, I should have mentioned that I've been trying to research as much as I can about Daisy's condition and one holistic site mentioned putting your dog on Wellness brand food. So, I thought it might be good to mix some of it in with the Canidae in case it has some different vitamins or minerals that Canidae doesn't have. I didn't want to get the puppy variety because I want to feed it to my older dogs, too. I have heard differing opionions about what age your puppy doesn't need puppy food anymore and wondered what you guys thought. I don't always make myself clear in my writing. :?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts