Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby and I have determined that Boyd is part cat. He loves to do a figure eight around and in between our legs, stopping now and again for hind quarter scratches. I think if he could purr he would!! It's very endearing!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
BOYD sounds purrrrrrfect ...meow! hahhahaa

Are YOu sure he isn't testing your agility? and then rewarding YOU by letting you pet him?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Toby does the same thing when he is saying hello (he will push your legs apart to get bewtween them! He also has begun to play with his bones they way our cats bat at and jump around their toys. He also arches his back while he is jumping. :lol: Pretty funny stuff our doodles are.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
HAHA...Dexter arches his back too (never really thought anything of it) and the way he jumps up and uses his "arms" to bat at things cracks me up!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our doodle Charlie does the same thing.....every morning after he goes pottty, he has his quiet time with my husband weaving in and out of his legs just like a cat - getting his scratches and loves. He also loves to sit on the back of furniture (again like a cat)....I'm not sure if he likes looking outside more or just snuggling close to whomever happens to be sitting there while he does this. We absolutely adore this dog -- he is a 70 pound lap dog and such a baby....can't say enough about him.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Bella does the exact same!

She also climbs on my lap and curls up into a ball for a cuddle,

Curles up on the back of the armchair

She's great at using her hands at anything, she holds a biscuit filled kong like it's a lollypop :D

Chuck her a filled and frozen kong and watch her jump up and down all excited, so excited she plays with it for ages, jumping around it and chucking it etc. She kind of dances round it

Pushes up against my legs the way the cat does

If losing when playing 'tuggy' she will climb up you and use her hands to try and make you lose grip

We thought she was just smart and learnt off the cat but now I know all doodles do it :lol:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I also thought that Denver is learning from watching our cats,
but now I know it is just another Doodle trait. He also will use his paws to take back a toy which I tell him he is cheating to use those big old paws.LOL

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ok folks here's the diiference between Doodles and CATS

Doodles use Paws and Pause
Cats don't pause they use Claws and add a clause.

Max arches, rubs, sits half his body in my lap with his toys.
I love the way he uses his paws sometimes to bat at something trying to get it back when I take it away. it almost like he has hands! hahhahaa
or as we call them "doodle grippers" :wink:

Now as long as a doodle doesn't learn to PURR or perch on a railing...we're all ok!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts