Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI...I am in rochester ny and wondering if there are any other owners of doodles wanting to do a doodle romp in the future?

and/or is there any doodle romps in this area????

I have 6 acres of land and would host one if there aren't any known romps here.

let me know..............thanks

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
AnnMarie, I don't know of any romps in your area...but I wish that I was there! I LOVE that area of New York...visited the Finger Lakes region once and fell in love with the place!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes jac i too love this area and stayed here during my divorce 4yrs ago ..Been in rochester ny for 13yrs now. I live 20 min+ from the finger lales ( and lake ontario too). They are beautiful.
I have a 6 acre yard with a 300ft waterfront of honeoye creek which is 6ft+wide and 20ft deep. not the same but sure is apeace of mind.

I figured sooner or later someone in rochester ny will see our posts and reply. Iam usually an optimist as MOST doodle parents hahhaa are!

·
Registered
57 Posts
We were just up in Rochester for Thanksgiving, took Digby. It was his first road trip and the first time he got to meet all the "family" he was a hit. We live in NC now, so just visiting.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:cry:
where in NC as I am originally from the outer banks,nc Harkers Island to be exact...my family ran the Cape Lookout lighthouse for 3 generations.

Hope you enjoyed rochester

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
wish i lived closer, but it may be dangerous to put jonah and max together. besides the gas, they may put their heads together and plot to take over the world! :wink:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Annemarie - I grew up in a suburb of Buffalo and in Gowanda so New York will always be my home. I also lived in the Olean area for a little while after I got married. I love the finger lakes region also. It would be a wonderful place to have a summer home, as I live in the San Diego area now and couldn't take the winters anymore. :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hey, Kim, when we get rich and famous (yeah. right.) we can go in together on a summer home in the finger lakes area! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jac...will you and kim invite me and Max for a doodle romp? hahhahahah
please, please, oh pretttttttttty please?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey Jac, I have a great idea! We could buy a big home on one of the lakes and start a bed and breakfast where people could come with their dogs! :D

Come on out Annmarie and Max, but, you won't be able to see Jac and I at the same time since we live 8-10 hours apart. I live in So. Cal. and she lives in No. Cal. :(

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok kim and jac hahhahaha just remember Canadaigua Lake is the 3rd most expensive property to own now. how about a 1000 sq ft cottage is $450K now :shock: (similar to calif prices)

whereas i am 20min north with 6 acres and 3800 sq ft home is $250K+

hmmm i'll have my own doodle romp as I have land, a huge creek, and mexican tiled floors (easy to mop)...wanna come? :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
That would be so much fun to have a romp at your place, Annmarie! It must be really beautiful where you live. Well, if you went in with us on the B&B, we could split it 3 ways! :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we all do hahha I did for 12yrs
however my fiance is a typical man and says I do NOT do straight lines like him.

guess waht??? he does it all now (since last year) :wink: :lol:
it takes me 2hr45mi...takes mowerman 4.5hrs to mow 5acres

Now i wish he'd tellme I don't mop floors good enough :wink: but Max helps me mop by dripping water all over :lol:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hahaha! Did you mow crooked on purpose to get him to take over? :wink: I tell my husband he's the best pancake maker and the best hot chocolate maker in the world, but, he's not falling for it! :(

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kim26 said:
Hahaha! Did you mow crooked on purpose to get him to take over? :wink: I tell my husband he's the best pancake maker and the best hot chocolate maker in the world, but, he's not falling for it! :(
kim, yes and shhhhhhhhhhh dont tell him :wink:
then again, I do special things for him

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, my gosh!! What a GORGEOUS back yard! I am soooooooo jealous! And, FYI, AnnMarie, in CA 6 acres with a home, on property in THAT condition would easily go for over a million$...seriously!

I am looking at 10 acres in a very remote area, but it is so pretty...and there is a tiny home (new, but only 1000 sq ft) and a large new barn, and home plans for a 3000 sq ft home...$800,000. And that is in the "low income" area!

But, I am seriously considering something very similar to a B&B, Kim...I want to get enough land to make a lodge (where everyone can watch a big TV, do laundry, shower, cook, etc...and smaller (fenced) cabins around the lodge. Then I'd fence off several different areas for dog parks for various types of dogs....and it would be a place where people could vacation (we are in the wine country, an hour from the ocean, near lots of lakes, mountains, etc.) with their dogs and we would watch the dogs while they go "touring"...

I love the idea! It would be very exclusive...and a great thing...but, alas, we are limited financially. But I still dream about it...

Oh, and I would rent it out for romps!

And...to chime in with Kim, AnnMarie, (and anyone else on this forum) you are welcome to visit! Kim...come on up!

Here is my back yard...not much to look at, but surrounded by beautiful, huge redwood trees!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
my husband and I honeymooned in the central coast, but we would be to northern california in a heartbeat if you ever get a set up like you described!!! (would their be a limit on number of dogs??!! lol)

·
Registered
853 Posts
That's an awesome idea Jac! The way dog things are getting so popular, I bet there would be a huge demand for something like that. I bet it would be very successful. It seems like people are having less human children and are pampering their canine children more.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hmm I love that idea Jac!!! and yes i have been in calif...know what? NJ my house would be 1million+ too. I love your yard...your doodles seem to be having a blast in it.

I have to do alot of invisible fencing come next spring. I plan on giving MAX 2 acres to play in. When I told this to max, well here was his expression

1 - 20 of 55 Posts