Great video.............
Thanks for sharing..............

My favorite will always be the classic

Night's in White Satin

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sue, I love KIWS also, great classic song.
They have so many awesome songs as a band and as individual artists

I love this one too - Ray has such a smooth voice, he doesn't sing as often on albums as Justin and John but it's a great song

I saw them in concert back in the 80's - it was great

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i still remember back in 19887 going to Moody Blues concert :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
They will always remind me of growing up at Edisto Beach........
8) 8)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I will join this MB fan club too. One of my all time favorite groups. Saw them a couple of times in the seventies. And then again in the late eighties. Could not pick a favorite tune...it would be impossible. Too many classics. I listen to them regularly on my IPod. Great stuff!!!

I hate to sound like an old, crotchety old man but they just don't make music like this anymore. :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Hey Annemarie, 1987? Where did you see them? I saw them at Darien Lake about that same time..I think. May we have seen each other??? Not sure of the year but it was definitely at Darien.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Talk about showing age.............
And this has nothing to do with the Moody Blues
But I went to a High School Dance where the Eagles
opened for Procol Harum.(Whiter Shade of Pale)...................
We did not even really listen to the Eagles as we were there for the other band.........who knew????????? We were actually hoping the Eagles would hurry up and get off the stage. :oops: :oops:
I later went to an Eagle concert(2 yrs later)
once they became famous..........it was in the 70's and It was my 18th
birthday present...................hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Whatever happened to Procol Harum???????????

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thank you GENE hahhaa i kept thinking was it 1988 or 1987? and well you know how hooligam brains work and type ...as it takes one to know one :D
it was 1987 btw :wink:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I saw them too!! Radio City Music Hall .....'85?...'86???

Love them.....my fav is "story in your eyes"

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
blueteal said:
Talk about showing age.............
And this has nothing to do with the Moody Blues
But I went to a High School Dance where the Eagles
opened for Procol Harum.(Whiter Shade of Pale)...................
We did not even really listen to the Eagles as we were there for the other band.........who knew????????? We were actually hoping the Eagles would hurry up and get off the stage. :oops: :oops:
I later went to an Eagle concert(2 yrs later)
once they became famous..........it was in the 70's and It was my 18th
birthday present...................hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Whatever happened to Procol Harum???????????
Eagles opening for someone else seems strange now

Procol Harum still tours, they are an other group I have in my faves on ytube, love Whiter shade of Pale

They were on PBS last year, still sounding great

http://www.procolharum.com/

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
An old post but the title caught my eye ... have been a fan since I was a wee lass and my brother (10 years senior) bought their albums in the late 60's. Have seen them in concert several times since ... To Share Your Love ... off Threshold of a Dream is a big favorite of mine.

However ... about 15 years ago they were playing in Cincinnati (already had my tickets) and while shopping downtown I ran into Justin Hayword! (lower right hand corner - hubba, hubba!)

Of course, I was hit with a sudden case of geek-i-ness and feel as if everything I said sounded like the adults in the Peanuts Cartoons ... wah-wah-wah-wah. After saying good bye I thought of all the clever things I could have said but alas. It was a cool moment in my own personal rock history!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oooo I'm so envious, I would love to meet Justin, I have seen interviews with him, he is so softspoken and almost shy in interviews - appears to be a very down to earth person.
Anyhow, I'd love to talk with him - such an interesting poetic mind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts