Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
mini doodle

HI. I posted about Sophie and the potty training at night. Sophie is our 12 week old F1b mini doodle. She is wonderful. (aren't they all?)

Anyway, just wanted to respond to your question that we are another little size doodle with a huge heart!

Melissa and Sophie

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Melissa! Great to hear there are other little guys out there too. My mini fit exactly what I was looking for. Not too big and not too small, a lovable cuddler that didn't shed and wasn't a yip yip dog. :lol:

I almost named our Doodle Sophia. I love the name.

Marty

G

·
Hi Melissa and Marty! We adopted Bella 10 weeks ago from a rescue group. We were told she was a 'mini' with a miniature poodle Dad and a Labrador Mom. She is now 18 weeks and weighs 22 pounds. Is this about right?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Archie is a mini. He just turned a year old and is not quite as "mini" at 50 lbs. as we expected but is absolutely perfect as far as we're concerned!
[/url]

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figure it's all pretty much guess work as far as how big they will get just like what their coats will be like at adult. Jorja will be 7 months old at the end of the month and weighs around 26 lbs. We were told her mommy is a really small lab and her daddy weighs around 18 lb. So the breeder expects her to be between 25-30 lbs. but hopefully the growing will start to slow down now for the second half of her first year.

50 lbs. is pretty big for a mini but I'm sure Archie is 50 lbs. of love! :)

Jorja has this long brown hair on her head that goes every which way and then there is a little really short patch of dark brown almost black spot on the top of her head. Very weird. At first I thought she got burned by a popper on July 4th but it's still there and the vet said it was just one of those weird things popping out. So who knows what all colors she will finally be. She is medium brown but if you look closely you can see dark brown, white and black throughout her coat. Very strange but that's what makes her unique! :D

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Mini weights

sizes shouldnt be judge by weights,,i have a 12" corgi that is 55lbs,,sizes should be measured by inches,,floor to shoulder,,in doodles anything under 22" is considered a mini

rite now i have a litter of minis the smallest is 3lbs at 8weeks old,

the rest of the litter ranges from 4-6lbs at 8weeks
http://www.doodleville.net/ChipsPage.html

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hey Nancy, thanks for the info...and the picture (is this your daughter too? She is such a cutie!) I love the parti pups!

I have a question, does a mini (fitting into the height category) still have to have been bred from a miniture Poodle?

I have a small standard female...19" tall, 40 lbs...but she is not a mini, is she? (Her sister is also under 22", but weighs 65 lbs...not fat, just very boxy... a strong Lab build and head.)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I breed down

smaller to smaller f1b back to very small standard poodle,,i get a pup that is well porportioned and i have never have shorter legs longer body with my minis,,
i have a sizes page if you want to review it,, I dont agree with breeding mini or toy (in some cases teacup) poodles to standard size labs or goldens,, it may take me longer to achieve it ,,but i feel more comfortable doing it this way,,
thats my grandaughter,,(yes folks Im gettin old,,just realized will be 49 in about 2weeks,,omg,,LOL)
Tiffany my grandaughter has been here all week,,she has been in girl heaven with all these pups,,its just been so much fun for me,,such a good girl,,willow the little parti guy i pictured is rotten,,LOL everyone gravitates towards him,, :lol:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Well, you grow them beautiful in your neck of the woods! (children and puppies!) :D

Thanks for the info regarding minis...It is good to read how to avoid the short legs, longer body...I often thought that Bayley would make small puppies if bred to a small (mini) Poodle...maybe I should try that sometime.

G

·
Thanks for the info, Nancy! Beautiful puppies, gorgeous granddaughter and a great website! I learned from your website that Bella could be a Sable instead of Black. She is 18 weeks old and is looking 'chocolatey' on her legs. She also has about 10 strands of white/silver? on her chest. At what age are the puppies considered fully grown?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What a great website you have! I sure did learn a lot. How do you get a puppy to stand still to measure them? Jorja thinks the tape measure is something she should get to play with.

I love the party colored Doodles. I'm use to having black and white dogs and it's been a little different having an all brown dog. Sometimes it's hard to see her, she blends into everything. :)

War of the Worlds is on HBO tonight and I thought I read that Bocker was in the movie. Is that correct? What scene/scenes is he in? I want to watch the movie and make sure that I don't miss him. He's adorable!

Marty

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Thanks

i have a measuring stick used for horses,,however if you get a regular measuring stick (not tape) put a book or something straight on his shoulder and stick beside him that will do it,,you may need someone to hold him so he will stand correctly,,it is measured floor to shoulder
i havent seen war of the worlds yet,,and yes bocker is in it somewhere,,i think it is in one of the running away scences,,you can email bocker (marie) at [email protected] his website is bocker.tv she may say there im not sure,,let me know if you see him!!!
The Partis and the blacks are my all time favorites,, :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you so much. I'll have to measure her. She isn't very tall but feels solid. Our neighbor has a full size 16 week Goldendoodle and she's already much bigger than Jorja.

I'll be sure to watch for Bocker. Jorja will watch too and most likely bark when she sees him. We can't watch a program with dogs in it without her barking. I think there's an episode about that on "The Dog Whisperer". 8)

·
Registered
76 Posts
We have a multigen mini. He is 9 months old and is 35 pounds. He is quite hyper so we try to excercise him a lot. he is the perfect dog for our lifestyle and the perfect size for our home.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cassie, the size is great, isn't it? I really wanted the smaller dog too and Jorja is everything I was hoping for. She sure is full of energy though. When she was spayed the vet said to keep her quiet for a week. I just laughed at that one. I would have to keep her drugged up to keep her quiet and I didn't want to do that. She's healing fine and is as busy as ever.

Enjoy your doodle!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nancy, I wasn't able to find Bocker in the movie. I sure did try. The movie didn't have hardly any animals in it which is strange to begin with. It was weird that none of these people were taking their pets/dogs with them. I saw a few birds, some rats and one dead cow. I'll have to email Marie to find out where Bocker's appearance is.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts