Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is blood all over my house because Cody gashed his foot when he was playing in the snow with the boys. It's a fairly deep perfect circle. I don't know how he did it but I'm considering getting him some boots. It would also help with the mud he brings in after going out. I think I could train him to leave them alone. He's wearing one sock right now - poor guy. So....has anyone tried a style of dog boot that really worked. There are many of them on eBay. If you have time go look at them for me and give me your $0.02. Also, measuring a dog paw is not an exact science. Any advice on size? Cody is about 70lbs.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I second the request....know any good ones?

We met a lady at a "pet botique" last saturday...we were buying Tanner a sweater as he was at groomer being buzzed. She had a huge standard poodle and put the boots on him. He just started walking like no big deal. His feet were much smaller than Tanner's...Tanner's are kind of webbed like duck feet..quite broad but he is only about 38 lbs.

I would like to know anyones experiences with boots. :?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I can help with this one. When Louie cut his foot badly a few months ago we had to keep it clean and dry for nearly 3 weeks. After trying everything else, I finally got some boots. I purchased them at PetCo. They are vinyl with a Velcro closing. They are very much like a ski glove. They fit tightly but comfortably and are very much waterproof, and nicely padded. He didn't mind them at all. Size Large was just right for him. He has big feet. These were bright red and black--he was really styling !! THey were not cheap--nearly 30 dollars I think--but they worked so well it was worth it. When I get home from work tonight I will look and them and send along brand name info etc.---Kathy and Louie

·
Registered
424 Posts
I bought boots for Sadie yesterday, and one is already lost! My daughter took her out for a walk last night and lost two of the boots in the snow. We found one today, the other is still missing.
Make sure you do them up tightly if you use them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i got boots for my dog last year and he hated them. Any advice on hw to train my dog to like them and keep them on?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ordered some

Cody left the sock on all day without messing with it. I told him "leave it" when he looked at it and - amazing - he did! I ordered a pair of Muttluks boots and also a pair of Hott Doggers which is a light-weight house boot that is for slippery surfaces. We have hardwood floors and he has scratched them beyond recognition. If he tolerates the boots indoors I may have the floors buffed and resealed. My husband rolled his eyes at me when I told him about the boots. I pamper my pooch - I know that. He's just so darn cute!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
YES there are some good doggy boots on clearance through

www.petwarehouse.com
aka doctor fosters and smith

hold on ...let me get the direct link to the boots i am referring

here you go:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/P ... 2001&Nty=1

if not type in dog boots in the search as they are other boots too

I also have my daughter coming over to make custom dog boots for me.
it's funny but we have a couple of stores in an expensive area that want to commission dog hats, and other stuff she makes!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have purchased Muttluks from PetSmart. They are very good as I use them here in Phoenix when it gets so hot so I can still take the doodles on a walk. They are a little pricy but worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts